Cisco Systems Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The process was long, with large gaps between each stage. The application was straighforward. The telephone interview was very basic, asking why Cisco and if I could use Excel. The next stage was a live video interview. When asked for feedback after being rejected at this stage, they said "candidate must conduct research on role/company", which seemed very generic and irrelevant, considering I was not asked any question on the role or company.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to use features in Excel, such as pivot tables?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Cisco?   Answer Question

High Operations Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial call to discuss your high level skils against the main role responsibilities followed by face to face two small groups to assess you fit in and your skills.

The call is approx 1/2 hour for both parties to get a sense and feel for being a good fit for the role, team and organisation. A strong sense of you would be the right advocate for them.

Very open honest and relaxed style to get the maximum benefit for all interested parties.

Interview Questions

• Have you had direct experience with client facing roles and if a client called saying all systems are down what would your first steps be. Questions were to probe about experience required to measure if good match for the role.   1 Answer

Graduate Software Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Uxbridge, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online through their platform and after a day I received a call from a HR representative in order to arrange a phone screen interview the next day with a Cisco representative. The interviewer asked standard questions about my background such as what programming languages I know and previous working experience. Furthermore they asked about life goals and wanted short answers.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I see myself in 5 years and what I know about Cisco as a company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

i had a online webex interview.
    it waas a phone interview, very short, about 20 mins.
    very basic questions. what do u think about the company. what could u contribute to the company.

Interview Questions

• what do u know about cisco   1 Answer

Desktop EngineerPhone Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st Stage - WebEx Telephone Interview -
    Consisted of 3 Questions.
    I then waited for feedback and was told i was through to a second telephone interview with the Hiring Manager and that there will be an assessment centre invitation soon.

Interviewer was slightly unorganised and didn't know when my next interview will be. But was very kind and helpful.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

After submitting the application process in November, was invited to a tele interview soon after. I was told I passed this competency interview "with flying colours", but it's been radio silence from their recruiters ever since. This is even after I emailed them asking about my application status. Now I'm accepting another job interview without even being able to give cisco a crack. Very disappointing experience.

Also their application page is antiquated and very annoying - you have to give a compulsory response about "how you heard about cisco" every time you log in. They must do something about that.

Cisco Sales Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the CSAP back in April and roughly a month later i got a phone call from the offices saying i was accepted into the recruitment process. They gave me a rough briefing of what it was going to be like and what i would have to do. The process involved three stages

Stage 1 - This is one of your basic phone interviews, not much to say here
    Stage 2 - stage 2 is where you have to submit a video of yourself talking about a certain topic (think it was 2 minutes long, time will probably differ). For my video, i was given the topic of smart cities. Depending on each candidate, they will give you roughly round about a week to prepare for this video. You don't have to stream the video or do it one take, so this stage isn't too hard either. You can also submit the video anytime you want before the deadline so it gives people a bit more freedom. Make sure you make your video interesting, try and stand out from the rest of the people, give your own opinion on the topic at hand and such. You get multiple takes so use it( I did about 10 retries before i was happy with the video), even show your video to a friend before submission to see what they can notice. Last but not least, make sure you look at the camera, wear something nice (Don't have to go all out with the suit and everything but don't wear your PJ's, just your nicest t-shirt will suffice) and speak clearly and slowly especially if you have accent.
    Stage 3 - Now this is the last stage and where it gets really tricky so you will have to get stuck in. Stage 3 is the assessment day and again like before they will send you a couple of files and documents on what is happening on the day so prepare before hand. From my own experience the assessment day will include
    - a basic numerical test
    - interviews ( can be with 1 - 2 people )
    - Presentation
    - Lunch
    - Role Playing
    For the numerical test (questions include sequences, problem solving and etc), you can't really study for this as its mostly just testing your common knowledge, I mean you could always dig up your old GCSE maths papers and go through them but you should be focusing on the other aspects of the assessment day for now. Interviews will again be similar to the phone interviews where they want to get to know you better but they will ask you some technical questions, so learn some networking to impress them. Okay so for the presentation, they will have given you information before hand on what they want you to present so you will have sufficient time to prepare, they will not allow you to bring in a computer or a usb to do the thing on powerpoint so you will have to present your topic on a whiteboard. They will allow you to make handouts and stuff beforehand and you should make handouts. This way they know you are determined and are sufficiently prepared beforehand but make sure your handouts actually do something is well, don't just hand out bit of paper with useless information. The presentation itself is roughly 10 - 15 mins long, so keep that in mind, as long as you prepare for this part then you will be absolutely fine. After they do some of the tasks at hand in the assessment day, they will take you to lunch in the company's cafeteria ( yay free food ). They will tell you that you can relax and stuff but DONT!!! Keep your gameface on, and act in a professional manner, do not talk to them like you would talk to your friends and stuff cause they will be looking at how you communicate with your peers and socialise so i repeat do not relax. Now for the role playing. Again they will give you information beforehand about the role playing task and the basic idea is that you are meeting with a client and you have to sell them one of the company's products (the company itself is fictitious). For me, I was meeting with the CEO of a super car company (something like Lamborghini) and I had to introduce him to two of Cisco's products. Now for this part I would first of all recommend you to study the products that you are going to sell to the client (they tell you before hand and give you links to it, so this isn't hard) and to also study up on the bio that they gave you for the company. The guy pretending to be the client will actually act like a client and what i mean by this is, during the meeting he might just whip out his phone and start texting if what you are saying is boring him. Another thing is try to be cool with the client like don't just talk to him about all the technical things (he will get bored and start ignoring you and texting, yeah hes like that), try to talk to him about other things is well to keep him interested. Also use the whiteboard again, Cisco seems to love watch people drawing on that damn thing or doing something on it. They don't tell you this until after but during the role playing session, you should definitely ask the client about their budget and timescale, apparently the developers will kill to have that information.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you learned something   1 Answer

Video Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feltham, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Feltham, South West England, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

First there was a chat with the HR department representative. A pleasant man who explained what the video department did. He then took me to have a look around the facilities. The place felt a little sterile really but they have a lot of good equipment. Then I was introduced to a rude and generally unpleasant individual that would have been my direct boss. I was asked to sit at an editing suit to edit a video out of a selection of vox pops and b roll. I was giving 45 minutes for this and was told they wanted to see my thought process so should not worry about finishing it (would have been impossible anyway). However, they left me alone and at the end noone reviewed the result or talked about. I was introduced then to a lady, I think the head the department, and that's when the actual interview took place. Apart from the rude man they were pleasant and took interest in what I had to say. The whole interview took a bit more than 2 hours. I was called a couple of days later to tell me I had not been selected for second round of interviews. Apparently they liked my personality but I didn't do so well in the editing test. Strange that the would have based the decision on the part of the interview that no one seemed to care about and that in no way could have been a measure of someone's abilities. It makes sense to do those tests for this kind of job but in 45 min they needed to sit next to me and see how I approached the task not just look at the result after the fact. If they wanted to see how fast someone can put shots together then should have said so and I would have done it differently. In any case it did not seem like a place I would have been happy working in.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job   1 Answer

Workplace Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview; the HR person carrying out the interview clearly couldn't be bothered and seemed uninterested in every answer given, I had to ask them to repeat the questions because their phone system was inaudible (disappointing considering they sell conferencing services).

Interview Questions

Interview

I was referred by employee, so skipped application process and got invited to 1st round webex interview directly. I prepared my answers in advance, and all the questions were expected. The interviewer was an outsourced hiring staff, and he was constantly rushing me, at the same time he was typing my answers and when I tried to speak faster he was telling me to slow down. After the interview I felt unsure if I passed but the next day morning received an invitation to complete 2nd round video submission. Cisco gave me 5 days to complete this task and the topic was "what brand do you associate yourself with and how you going to use it when meeting a customer for the first time?". I found this process fun, because you can be creative on that. On the invitation email it was said that recruiting team will get back with news one week prior to the assessment day. But they actually replied later than that. That was very frustrating because there was not much time left to prepare and I had to travel to Moscow as well. Nevertheless, I had to adjust and try to manage my time accordingly. They paid for the trip and 1 day accommodation, which was great. The assessment centre process was straight forward. Technical assessment(10 very basic networking test questions), 30 min interview, after lunch role play and presentation. The material for role play and presentation you will receive in advance. And at every stage you will receive directions and explanations on what to do next. So now assessment centre process: first part was quite relaxing and nothing to worry about. But second part after lunch was a bit disappointing in some way. First because the assessors didn't read the case study in advance and second because they interrupted the presentation and asked to continue in Russian. Which leads to a question why ask to do it in English in the first place. But overall it was a good experience because they gave great feedback after the role play, and now I know how to handle the meeting. You just have to be aware that you can expect anything on the assessment centre. Still waiting for the offer.