Cision Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cision (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews, & one in person interview with the account management team. The initial phone calls were approximately 30 minutes each, essentially a getting to know you, and a more in depth getting to know you. Didn't really touch on resume/job history. The in person interview was myself & 2 managers from the AM team doing a role play for an existing client nearing the end of their contract term. Pretty basic. Prior to the interview, the instructions stated the role play would be approximately 1 hr. Upon meeting the 2 AM team members(managers), I was told it would actually be 15mins. Again, no real in depth questions were asked. Additionally, a wunderlick assessment was taken prior to the in person interview, as well as at the in person interview.

I built a great report with the recruiter. At the in person, I was able to ask questions. Questions that the 2 managers stated were great questions. There was never an in depth questioning portion. I didn't hear back from the team for about a week before receiving an email stating that they'd went with another candidate. Receiving no additional feedback post the interview, & getting no offer definitely feels like I wasted several hours of my time to go through an entire interview process only to make it to the end with nothing. There were multiple opportunities for the team to express areas of concern prior to making it all the way to the final interview, but none were made.

Though I received an email stating they'd chosen another candidate, the very same position was posted not even a day later. Complete waste of time.

My initial phone call/introductory phone call happened about a week prior to the next hiring class, so I was informed that this would be for the following one, which was a little over a month out. Overall, the entire process was right around one month. I cannot stress how much time was wasted to essentially be dragged along for no results.

Interview Questions

• No actual questions of substance were asked. I asked them several, which, at the time, they raved about. Really generic questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cision

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cision.

Interview

Relatively painless. Phone interviews to start, moved on to in person interviews. Interviewed with roughly 3-4 people total. They ask background, experience and situation questions. Some require a presentation in front of a board.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cision (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

It was very relaxed and definitely made me feel comfortable about joining. I didn't have much sales experience going in and they soothed my nerves. There were 3 rounds, and by round 3 I essentially knew that I had gotten the role. They prepared me well for the training, which was to take place in Chicago. Overall it was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical sales interview questions based on experience. It was conversational which I liked. They were very interested in my background, not so much work experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was non existent. I would say for someone like me who had never had a sales job, they did not do a great job of explaining the structure to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cision (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Then an HR person in Chicago. TheInterview question were standard like any other sales position. The following week I went in for an interview.When I showed up at the office the reception wasn't there to let me in. I called the company but no one was answering. I pounded on the door for about 15 mins(not exaggerating), finally someone let me in. I met 2 different sales managers. The first one seem uninterested from second 1 and seemed like he didn't even like the company from his excitement level. The next Manager had been with the company much longer. He was a nice guy and we had a good conversation. All are standard sales question. Mainly they just want to talk about yourself and hear you ask the write questions. They also want to see that you are excited about what the company is doing. Have questions about where they are heading.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cision (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

1.0 A recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin 2.) face to face interview with a Director 3.) Interview with a V.P. They asked easy questions and the process took two weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cision (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Two interviews in the same day. They asked basic questions and it was pretty easy to get hired.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cision (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

Recruiter called from Chicago from seeing my LinkedIn profile. Phone interview first, then in person interview (Sales Manager), then second in person interview (President). A lot of standard sales questions (sales experience & behavioural), but I found that the job was oversold in terms of earning potential. I think they look for someone who is a culture fit as much as they look at your previous experience/requirements.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cision in August 2011.

Interview

I already know the Cision monitoring products, due to working in Operations for 14 years and knew I had probably run out of "lateral" moves within this department. In order to improve my pay scale I applied for a Client Services position of Account Manager. During the initial interview I found out that I would have a four hour commute each day, so I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• Role playing: "I am a prospective client who has just had a one week print monitoring trial, but I'm reluctant to sign a contract since our press may vary widely from month to month. Convince me that Cision has a service just for me."   Answer Question