Citadel Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

3.2

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process was very good. Most of it was on Machine Learning. One phone interview followed by an on-site interview. On-site was 4 interviews, one algorithm, one statistics, one software and another on Machine Learning.

Interview Questions

• Statistics questions on random walks.   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I talked to a recruiter and then a couple of Citadel's HR staff members. There weren't any details provided until I talked to my hiring manager, and they asked me specific questions about some stuff in my resume that impressed me. I felt like overall there wasn't nearly enough focus on my actual critical-thinking ability.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe how I built a system from my past   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

First phone call with HR. Then 2 phone calls with various members of the team. Then invited on-site to Chicago office for "superday" round of interviews. Met with 5 separate team members, each interview lasting about one hour. Heard back about 2 weeks later saying I got the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. Received recommendation from the interviewer for the next round, but never got repled back. The interviewer is nice, but maybe something happens in the HR side.

Interview Questions

• OA is to create a list that could add incremental values in a timely manner. Interviewer asked basic questions in programming: what are the difference in UDP&TCP, different in recurrent network and convolutional network, rvalue and lvalue, some OO concepts in C++.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Citadel hires exclusively from the top 5% of people for a position. Not the top 5% of people on the market, but of the people. The interview process at Citadel is specifically crafted to rise to the level of the candidate and the position, and find these great employees.

After an initial phone screen with someone who really knows their stuff, we proceeded to arrange the on-site interview where I met with 6 differently-skilled colleagues to be. Soon after returning home, they decided to move forward and collected additional information to establish the entire package, which took about 4-5 weeks. After receiving approvals on the hiring packet all the way up to the CEO, the offer was extended, and I accepted.

The inside recruiter and the outside recruiter kept me up to date at all stages. The on-site coordinator met all of my needs during the day, and the overnight stay at the hotel was within easy walking distance of the interview location.

Intern - Monthly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then onsite interview. The technical questions are quite normal, no big difficulty. Four people interviewed me during the onsite, all from quite different backgrounds, mathematics, financial, computer science.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL).

Interview

To be honest, this company will only give an offer to highly qualified individuals. You may be hardworking, have strong communication, leadership skills, and decent coding skills. However, that is not enough. You must clearly show that you have the mindset to solve challenging problems.

Interview Questions

• Find the maximum sum path in a pyramid.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

An onsite interview in Chicago. It was a very pleasant experience, with four rounds of coding and technical interviews. The interviewers are all very friendly. The difficulty of the questions vary a lot, but the questions are all quite interesting.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about data structures and algorithms   Answer Question

Data Scientist - Low Latency Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The onsite interview lasts for about 6 hours. I spoke to 3 people in the morning and 3 in the afternoon, 20 minutes lunch break. They are quite friendly and some are helpful when you got stuck. The team analyze the data, which traditionally belongs to traders' tasks. This job focuses more on programming rather than building statistical models, not as I expected. The technical problems are quite classic, such as how many loops can you have if connect strings in a bowl, and some C++ concepts. But I did get some weird problems: what is the population in Nigeria? What is its confidence interval? Although the title is data scientist, they did not test much data science related skills, such as machine learning methods. Be prepared to answer advanced questions in both Python (2.x) and C++.

Interview Questions

• I randomly pick a number from 1 to 100, how would you guess? What if you have prior knowledge that I pick a number that is hard to guess such as near 1 or 100?   Answer Question
    • What is the population in Nigeria, can you give me a 95% confidence interval?   1 Answer
    • In a 52 cards game, you randomly draw 5 cards, then return 4 back to the dealer and you keep 1. The dealer will always know what card is in your hand. Can you tell me what strategy he used?   2 Answers
    • Inorder tree traversal. Other programming related questions: decorator, generator; virtual destructor, how is map implemented, complexity to insert/search/delete in a tree, etc.   Answer Question
    • 16p + 1 = x^3, and p is a prime number. What is x?   6 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The engineers I've talked to were pretty cool but the recruiters were awful. They thought I was applying for full time and mistakenly charged me for every single penny on the hotel (which was a pretty good one, but that only adds to the harm done to my account). The recruiter also scheduled my second round interview with my first round interviewers, who refused to interview me again and asked for a reschedule with another programmer. This resulted in the process being put on pause for two weeks. Overall, really cool technology and engineers, but the recruitment process could have been better.