Citadel Financial Technology Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citadel Financial Technology Associate Interview Questions

3.3

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Technology Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

Had 2 oncampus interviews, did not get a call back. Was asked about personal projects, then a couple coding questions like:
    -Write a function that finds if a number is prime or not
    -Code the in order traversal of a tree
    -What is the game logic if you were to create a chess game in Java

Interview Questions

• What is the game logic if you were to create a chess game in Java   Answer Question

Financial Technology Associate Interview

Interview

On Campus Interview, several probability questions, several C++ questions , several algorithm questions, in an hour. Lots of questions, need to move fast. You really need to know a lot about C++ and algorithm.

Interview Questions

• Longest Monotonically Increasing Subsequence Size (N log N)   1 Answer

Financial Technology Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel in September 2014.

Interview

First had an on-campus interview, 2 rounds, 45min each. Asked about OOD, Fibonacci with DP.
    Invited to Chicago for onsite, 4 rounds, 45min each.
    Questions like 1.how does hashmap work, 2.how many ways are there to go from top left of chess board to bottom right. 3.How to sort 1 trillion bits of data. 4.operator= override in c++ 5. 50 white balls, 50 black balls, 2 jars. How to put balls into jars to maximize the probability of getting white ball when blindly get a ball from a random jar.

Financial Technology Associate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

I was connected at our school job fair conference, and got an on-campus interview during their visit. The interview was not difficult, one simple coding problem, one probability problem, and one brain teaser. They invited me on-site to interview at Chicago. Overall I had talked to 3 people (2 technical interviews and 1 just talking). The questions were not hard, but you never know what candidates they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Given some coins, how do u flip them to make sure all the coin have the same sides. Some basic knowledge on distributed system.   Answer Question

Financial Technology Associate Interview

Interview

Apply through university career service. First round on campus interviews: 30min behavior + 30 min tech back to back. 2 - 3 questions during tech part, mostly C++

Financial Technology Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel in September 2013.

Interview

First round interview on-campus: 30min behavioral, 30min technical. Nothing too difficult
    Second round on-site in Chicago: 3 hours of technical.

They really just want someone who can code 24/7. Nothing more/less. Interviewers can be very condescending.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Internship. On campus - 1hr . 30 mins behavioural + 30 mins technical.
    Behavioural: Usual; past experience, strengths/weaknesses, reason for choosing a finance firm.

Coding: Array of 1 to N. Find missing and duplicate number.

Interview Questions

• Brain Teaser: Blindfolded. In a room with 8 coins. What is the minimum number of flips required to guarantee that one of the permutations had all coins with the same side?   6 Answers

Financial Technology Associate Interview

Interview

The interviewers asked a lot of fundamental computer science questions that I could not answer...

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Two 30 minute rounds on campus and three 1 hour sessions on-site if selected. It starts off with brain teasers and some general conversations. Can get pretty technical (C++ knowledge mostly) in the middle and they may discuss some things in the field of finance and will really appreciate if you show interest in Finance. Most important things going in should be to be comfortable coding in C++ and demonstrating an interest in finance which you should have if you want to work here

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this financial institution versus working in a pure software company like Microsoft, etc?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Got the on-campus interview through the university career service. Two back to back interviews of 30 minutes. One is behavioral and one is technical. Feeling not good about the behavioral one but the guy in the technical one is nice.
    The behavioral interviewer seems somehow cold. Questions include: your strong point and weak point? how do you improve your weak point? how much do you know about the company? introduce your achievements to me? Whether you can program? If yes in what language?

Interview Questions

• scope of variables in C++, difference between pass by value/reference/pointer   Answer Question
    • Efficient way to compute p^q, where q is an integer   2 Answers