Citadel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

3.2

Quant Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel (Princeton, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

They asked a lot of questions about my previous internships on my resume. The questions are involved with specific details of projects during my internship at funds, like the model used, theory behind.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between LASSO and ridge regression.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citadel (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

First, online assessment. 15 questions towards machine learning and math. Do it in two days online.Such as RNN, N-network, Bayes, Markov chain, probability. The questions are not easy. We should finish them in 1 hour.
    Second, phone interview.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Two rounds phone interviews. Ask about my research and intern experience. Then talk about programming in C++. Another question about basics in linear regression/LASSO/ridge regression. Expect to have online coding questions but didn't get asked.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel in September 2017.

Interview

Contacted by HR, first round is HR phone screen. Went through resume very quickly, following by general questions about understanding of trading. If passed at least one more phone interview before onsite.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me to schedule phone screen, phone screen question difficulty was slightly above average but nothing too crazy. They really want to grill you on your data structure/algorithms knowledge in order to see if you are a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Find the maximum amount of money you can make if you buy and sell stocks once in an array.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview. The interviewer called 15-20 minutes late. I must say this was a very odd interview for a Software Engineer position. For example, he questioned the value of the product I was developing at my current workplace. The interviewer seemed interested in poking holes in non-technical aspects even though it was a technical interview. My recruiter had told me that I did not need prior financial knowledge. However, the interviewer questioned my interest in the job and asked about financial terms that he knew I would not be able to answer. There was a basic C++ codility question that was asked and I had no issues with it. My feeling is that the interviewer had made up his mind even before he interviewed me but had to go through the motion because he was asked to.

Interview Questions

• What is a 'short'? What is a 'put'? What is a hedge fund? How much of C++11 have you used?   1 Answer

FPGA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Contacted by head hunter, phone screen and live coderpad.

CodePad went great, and was really expecting a third one.

Turn out answering all questions right and having a nice conversation leads to trashing back on your abilities as a programmer on feedback!

When the result came back, turns out im not the first one! Headhunter told me few more guys were super surprised by the feedback.

Look to me fpga job at citadel is a fake job targeted to get many rejections to pass a GC application for one of there guys.

Be aware not to invest too much on that one.

Btw: I have more then 10 years experience

Interview Questions

• Verilog function to find first index of 1 in a bit vector.
      A joke.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews with both HR and portfolio manager. First was introductory and process-focused followed by more in depth conversations on specific stocks. Lastly, there was a project that could either be a modeling case study or a mock portfolio given level of applicant.

Interview Questions

• What is your investment process and how do you gain conviction around a name?   Answer Question

Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citadel (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

-Spent an hour our on the phone with an recruiter - could not have been any nicer or more professional. Basically my background was a good fit for the role.
    -Spoke with the hiring manager about a week later. It seemed there were concerns about my being remote and not having enough experience on some products. That was pretty confusing as I thought did very well. Clearly I did not. In any case they were polite and professional throughout.

Interview Questions

• What types of authentication products are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citadel in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with Citadel in August 2017, had two non-technical in July. Never hear them back since after, even I did very good in the interview. I emailed the recruiter for feedback, no response.