Citadel Quantitative Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citadel Quantitative Research Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Citadel

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in February 2009.

Interview

Be prepared to answer a large series of puzzles, math questions, and programming/algorithms questions, along with your past experiences or knowledge of the field. The interview consisted of several brain teasers, a practical programming question, an involved optimization problem, and several trading/research questions. The employees that questioned me were very bright and courteous, but demanding.

Interview Questions

• You are given an array of integers, A1, A2, ..., An, including negatives and positives, and another integer S. Now we need to find three different integers in the array, whose sum is closest to the given integer S. If there exists more than one solution, any of them is ok. Is there an algorithm to find the three integers in O(n^2) time?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Quick. The company provided a good compensation package and benefits, so it required little negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Citadel

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Interview

I was told to have a campus interview. Most of them are c++ questions. Some of them are about derivatives. It was not hard.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are trivial. One example would be reversing a string.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

They asked us to solve brain teasers, puzzles, and do math problems. They also asked us general questions about ourselves and our interests.

Interview Questions

• How many tennis balls are made in China each year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

I'm a PhD candidate at a top CS/Stats program. I was initially contacted by recruiter, who went through a background check. I was then interviewed by a couple of Quants. They said that they didn't currently have a suitable position.

Interview Questions

• 2 puzzle questions. One about linked lists and C++ implementation. Another question on probability/statistics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

They set up a phone interview over email ahead of time. They called me over phone. Very general questions about work experience and school. They let me ask questions about the project and team they would put me on. The recruiter seemed very interested and friendly, despite my lack of experience in the area. Very low key.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe your the models and simulations you worked on in the past.   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel in October 2017.

Interview

2 phone calls , 1 onsite. But here I describe the phone call interview. First the interviewer asked about my resumes for about 10 minutes; then she asked me technical questions for about 30 minutes. Several questions are asked.

Interview Questions

• Ask about my resumes; Probabilities; linear regression problems; brain-teasers; coding (python)   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Interview

A few phone interviews followed by technical chat with team member. Asked about past projects specifically, and followed by some questions that require a lot of working experiences to answer.

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

HR phone call, tech phone call, then on site visit.

No food or breaks provided, pretty exhausting by the end when you meet with the manager who I would never speak highly about.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms, data structures and SQL on whiteboard

About 6 hours of 1:1 technical interviews with 5+ people in various domains (networking, database, programming, hardware).   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citadel in October 2011.

Interview

First spoke with campus recruiter who asked two simple math questions as well as general questions; later on spoke with the head of New York City trading team who asked some open-ended questions

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel in October 2011.

Interview

Asked two brain-teasers:

1) You have two strings which are identical. If you light a string from one end, it will burn in exactly one hour. However, the rate of burning may vary along the string, so it may burn faster, then slower, then faster etc. How do you measure exactly 45 minutes using both strings?

2) You have a one meter ruler. We will drop 200 ants on to the ruler, each ant falling at a location along the ruler which is uniformly distrubuted. When an ant falls, it goes left or right with equal probability. When two ants bump into each other they reverse directions. Each ant moves along the string at a speed of 1 meter per minute. How long will it take for all the ants to fall off the ruler?

Interview Questions

• How do we measure your succes and the success of others?   6 Answers