Find jobs for Quantitative Researcher

Citadel Quantitative Researcher Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Citadel

3.2
HardAverageEasy
Found 69 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Citadel (United States)

Interview

I won a recruiting contest, and my resume was sent to hiring managers. They contacted me and scheduled an interview. I did not pass the interview so the process ended there.

Interview Questions
  • Signed a non disclosure agreement.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (United States)

Interview

Applied online and then after about 3 weeks, got an email to set up a 45 mins tech phone interview. First went through the resume and then asked about 3 technical questions.

Interview Questions
Citadel
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citadel (Hong Kong) in Dec 2020

Interview

On time phone, at first, go through the resume, then several questions. finish in time. very efficient and professional and friendly. Maybe because I am lack of interview skill, should ask for tips earlier and frequently

Interview Questions
  • unclassic probability, traditional programming. More like brain teaser
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in Oct 2020

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Had a non-technical interview with hr. Then one phone interview consisted of cv review and three technical questions. Got invited to the virtual onsite. The first interviewer came half an hour late and we couldn't understand each other, as if we are from different planets. Starts questioning on details of my project (He is actually famous for being crazy so you should hope, he doesn't interview you.). The second interview of the onsite went well, it was some regression question and a LC type problem. After that hr called me that there is an emergency and rest of my interviews are cancelled until further notice. Well I got ghosted.

Interview Questions
  • Regular regression, probability and LC medium questions.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Citadel (United States)

Interview

One 30min HR phone screening, followed by another 1hr phone interview by a senior quant. Talked about what people do in the quant finance industry VS academia. No technical questions.

Interview Questions
Citadel
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (United States)

Interview

I applied online and was contacted after one and half weeks. I was scheduled for two technical phone interviews. Although I did well in one of them, my performance was mediocre in one of them. I didn't advance to the onsite.

Interview Questions
  • Statistics, machine learning, why quant research and finance in particular and past projects
Application

Interview

Technical interview with current Quants, Mainly focus on the resume terms. There would be one brainteaser question. The interviewer will guide you to find the correct answer of both technical questions and brain teaser.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I interviewed at Citadel (United Kingdom)

Interview

Went to the headquarter in London. Five 1:1 interviews each for 45 mins, spanning linear algebra, statistics, python programming and career path. Very fun and challenging. Lunch and accommodation were provided.

Interview Questions
  • Some basic questions about linear algebra, statistics and python programming.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2020

Interview

Phone interview in early October. On site interview at Citadel, Chicago in early January. Four interviewers for one hour each. Three technical and one behavioral interview. No answer after 1 month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citadel (New York, NY) in Nov 2019

Interview

It is 40 mins in total. The first 10 mins is to give an introduction. The interviewer is curious about the details of research. There are two questions in total. They are easy, but I didn't complete them well. Failed after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Given the probability of coin head is p. What is the expected number to get three heads in a row?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 69