Citco Fund Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citco Fund Accountant Interview Questions

Interviews at Citco

2.7

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citco.

Interview

Phone interview and then an in-person interview with the team and Hiring Manager. 2-3 weeks process. Applied online. Positive and pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citco

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citco (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was preceded by a written skills assessment in order to test prior experience level and overall knowledge. The interview itself was somewhat informal, but heavily accounting based with a number of specific, technical questions. The interview was with two hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• They asked about journal entries and provided specific scenarios then asked which account would be debited/credited.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citco (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was actually done remotely while I was on vacation. It went really well and the interviewers were very punctual and on time with my interview. We managed to do all the interview process via Skype. I was interviewed by two managers and a vice president. They asked me basic questions that someone for this position should definitely know the answers to. They also were helpful in describing what Charlotte was like.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citco (Charlotte, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

It was easy like super easy. Just talked about typical fund accounting questions. Had to take a test to prove your experience level and knowledge. Wasn't too difficult. My interview was with a manager and a vice president

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citco in May 2014.

Interview

Hiring process was very quick as they were in need of people. I waited two week after the interview to get the offer and started to work. But the time they spent on reviewing resume was more than one month. So don't be surprised if they haven't contact you for a while.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult or unexpected questions. Behavior questions were not asked. Just some common questions like why you choose the company, what do you want to know about the company. Some questions were related to basic knowledge about hedge fund, derivatives, convertible bond....   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citco (Charlotte, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

It was an interview with VP and the manager. It started with "tell me about yourself", and then went into basic accounting questions regarding equity, futures, bonds. They gave me a written test first and the interview was after the test.

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citco in January 2014.

Interview

Written test, followed by a interview most usually by account managers of the same team you'll most likely be joining. They are there to test your level of accounting knowledge and of how financial instruments work.
    Prior experiences and knowledge with microsoft excel is a plus.

Interview Questions

• Since I mentioned microsoft excel, they asked about the functions and usage of a few functions. Vlookup, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quite standard across the board. Bonus salary for more recognized degrees and honor classes.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citco (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I went in on two separate days and met with about six different 2 to 3 person teams. They were all from different levels and from different teams within the office. Asked very general interview questions about work history, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Pretty typical, not very many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with derivatives? what experience do you have with them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citco (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview with someone in HR. We went through some basic questions on my previous work experience and what type of position I was looking for. I was told that she would consult with the manager on who to call back for an interview, but I didn't receive a callback.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Citco (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Got a phone interview on Thursday. Set up the first round interview right after the phone interview. Got a second round interview only several hours after the first round interview. An offer was provided the next day after the second interview. The HR manager and other interviewees are very professional and efficient. Most interview questions are behavioral based on your resume. There were some technical questions, but all very basic. I think the most important thing you need to do is to get very familiar with your resume. One more thing, always be positive and enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.