Citco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Citco

2.8

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Interview

pretty standard. HR and hiring manager + 1 peer.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult client?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Fair.

Data Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citco (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was via a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager. After that, phone screens with 2-3 potential peers (one bailed), then in-office interviews with manager's peers, business clients, and superiors. The message was consistent that fit with corporate culture was a key necessity; however, different interviewers did seem to have different (and sometimes conflicting) priorities with regards to the position requirements. Some interviewers did not preview the resume before arriving at the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about fixing our problem? What was your experience with tool X?   Answer Question

Biz Process Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citco (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Met with people asked about my resume and we discussed my background and experience. It was very nice. Beverage was offered, and I accepted water. After the interview I left and went to lunch.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citco.

Interview

I've received the phone from one of the HR department. I can't remember her name. The first phone call she asked if I have time for an interview, my current salary, my current work responsibility, and why choose citco. After a week, she phoned me said they can't set a interview with me.

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citco in January 2014.

Interview

Written test, followed by a interview most usually by account managers of the same team you'll most likely be joining. They are there to test your level of accounting knowledge and of how financial instruments work.
    Prior experiences and knowledge with microsoft excel is a plus.

Interview Questions

• Since I mentioned microsoft excel, they asked about the functions and usage of a few functions. Vlookup, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quite standard across the board. Bonus salary for more recognized degrees and honor classes.

Middle Office Associate Interview

Interview

The interview lasted about and hour and a half. After taking a timed 5 minute math quiz (fairly simple math), I then met with a pair of high ranking employees and a pair of middle ranking employees.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly based on the understanding of the job description and the company.

Example: Explain the difference between a mutual fund and hedge fund.   Answer Question

Senior Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citco (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Interview process was easy, they don't ask for anything technical depending on the manager you are interviewing with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is really no negotiation, they ask you what you want and if agree they will offer you what you ask for.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citco (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I went in on two separate days and met with about six different 2 to 3 person teams. They were all from different levels and from different teams within the office. Asked very general interview questions about work history, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Pretty typical, not very many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with derivatives? what experience do you have with them?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citco (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Very laid back phone interview. Talked with the hiring manager. He basically asked about my resume. He asked about why I wanted to work there, the basic interview questions.

Investor Relations Interview

Interview

You interview with the HR manager and then the managers of the team that you are interviewing for. The interview process is pretty quick and not very painless. I had a much longer interview with the managers of my potential team.