Citco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Citco

2.8

Data Warehouse Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citco (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2010.

Interview

called me on phone and they asked me for in person Interview, both went well.

Interview Questions

• do you have risk experience   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rye Brook, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citco (Rye Brook, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with a number of managers looking to fill positions on operations teams. Mostly wanted to see if I'd be a good fit personality wise, were vague about the actual nature of the job except inexplaining there may at times be some odd hours. Some dismissed me quickly for not being business / finance oriented in my education. Since working here I now know that your past exucation means nothing, you cankniw nothing about finance and fit in here, you just need to know how to work a computer / microsoft excel.

Interview Questions

• If you are not a finance major what qualifies you to work in this field.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Accepted the offee without negotiating.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citco (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

There was a lot of behavioral questions but not hard ones like "give me an example of this and that", it was more about my career goals, the management style I liked, etc. Some technical questions but VERY easy ones like "what's the difference between stocks and bonds", "what is the journal entry when a client gives cash for an investment". The environment is laid back and non confrontational

Fund Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citco (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2010.

Interview

Meeting with the HR person was the last step of the process, but I don't think that's typical. I met with 3 people besides the HR person, and they all seemed to follow the same script: Little to no small talk, followed by rapid-fire technical questions, such as "What is a Credit Default Swap," "If an Investment Manager had nothing in the portfolio but an ABC 30 Sept 2010 Put and an ABC 30 Sept 2010 Call, would you think that was strange? If not, why not?, and "If an investor invests $1MM in June and 500K in July, and their investment is worth $2MM in December and they redeem 25% of that, and Perf fee is 20%, how much do they pay in Perf fee, and what's their new HWM?"

So if you go, know ALL your security products, and be prepared to do multiple verbal "story problems." And if that's not enough, HR will also give you a written test on that as well.

I'm not too fond of verbal tests like this; in the "real" world, I prefer to diagram what it is I'm doing on a piece of paper, or, at the very least, have an opportunity to write down the numbers that are being thrown at me. Either I did well or the other candidates sucked worse than I did.

Interview Questions

• What are the following, and why are they used? Credit Default Swap, Equity Swap, Total Return Swap, Swoption, Interest Rate Swap?   Answer Question
    • I don't remember the specifics, but they concerned Series Accounting, High Water Marks, Subsequent Investments, Perf Fees, Side Pockets, Equalization.   Answer Question

There were a number of reasons, but the main one is, I can't work where I'm not happy, and in order for me to be happy I have to have at least the beginnings of a rapport with the people with whom I'm going to be working. Of the 4 people I met, I could only see that happening with one of them.

I got almost an identical offer from another Administrator, where I met with 5 people in the department and hit it off with all of them.

Pl Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citco (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2009.

Interview

Met with the Director and two managers in one office at the same time. This was a group interview with many questions comming at me at once. Loved it...

Negotiation

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citco in July 2009.

Interview

I networked into the company and had my resume sent to a HR supervisor, who wanted to set up time to talk with me. We spoke for about 45 minutes. It would have gone longer but it was clear my skill sets did not match up that well with the position he was working on. But he was good and recognized my skill sets as being valuable down the road. So he took the time to understand where I could most help the company and we linked up so he will follow my progress and contact me if something appropriate comes up. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• In general the difficult questions centered around experience I didn't have. I would consider them to be quasi-behavioural based questions.   1 Answer

Custody Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citco.

Interview

Was greeted by a rude receptionist, smiled and calmly waited in the waiting room. Was approached by the interviewers and had a mini tour of the office and had the interview in a board room. Fairly straight forward questions however the reason I gave the interview process a thumbs down is because of the promise that the interviewer gave me that they'll contact me in 2-3 weeks with the result. A month went by and I didn't get a call or e-mail. Even on their website did they state that a member of HR will contact the interviewee with the results. May not be a big deal to others but its the principle that grinded my gears.

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

phone interview and in-person interview. You will be asked to write a letter and fill in the balance sheet etc. you will be asking some technical questions related to finance and accounting and excel.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citco (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2019.

Interview

2 calls from the HR then they called me for an in-person technical round. Although the position said software developer these guys were looking someone who can do testing. Very bad interview experience. The panel of 2 people didn't even know who they are interviewing.

IT Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citco (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2019.

Interview

Humorous and nice SG team. Hit it off very well with them. Very clear with expectations with no ambiguity at all.

Subsequent interviews were phone interviews conducted with overseas personnel.

Interview Questions

• We're a big company with well-defined roles and segregation of duties. You won't have the same freedom to do and change things as you enjoyed in previous smaller companies. Are you ok with this?   Answer Question