Citi AML Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2017

2.2

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

AML Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied through a hiring agency. Did an interview with the recruiter. Then was contacted by Citi and had an interview with two team leaders. They called back in a couple of days and said I got the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Hagerstown, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

One-on-one interview. Interview was completed in closed office. Typical five interview questions. All questions were based on previous job experience. Hiring manager was new to department had a hard time explaining what new employees would be doing. Currently a newer department that still is being worked out what they do and how they handle things.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you handle that customer? What was the outcome of the call?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Very general questions for an entry level position with a short written assessment. They are looking for someone who is comfortable with working independently for the most part. Five weeks of training followed by on the job training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Citi?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in East Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Citi (East Tampa, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

It took a few months with the temp agency to hear back from Citi.

Interviewed at Citi. Interviewer was extremely nice and laid back. The questions were not hard at all. And she told me on the spot that I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied through recruiting agency, was notified in 2 weeks that I was granted an interview, went to campus in Tampa, FL for interview, was notified a few days later by recruiter that I had received the job.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

I went through an employment agency, and took 3 tests(2 online and 1 in proctor's presence) prior to face-to-face-interview. Interviewed at Citi location, and was easier than many interviews I'd had prior.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to analyze results from beginning to completion.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied in October, interviewed in March, was told up front that this was a long process due to department re-structuring. Interview scheduled quickly after contacting for interview, and was offered the position the following day. Interviewers were cordial and the facilities were kept in good condition.

Interview Questions

• No true unexpected questions as I researched Citi and some AML information prior to the interview. Questions consisted of the usual 'about you' questions and the interviewer did not expect me to have an extensive knowledge of Citi or AML. Was allowed to ask questions about the position and Citi and the interviewer was very honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, firm offer and that was that, but the offer was substantially above my current salary

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL).

Interview

These folks at Citi were highly organized & professional with their hiring and interview process. Everything to do with appointments ran like clockwork. The interviewers really knew the AML profession and they made you comfortable and asked succinct questions regarding the daily tasks and skills required for the AML job description. The interview was difficult in that they are extremely thorough, however, if you know your professsion and responsibilites, you should have no difficulty in the interview. Also, one should make sure to brush up on Excell as I had several questions pertaining to this application skill.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself being promoted to within Citi -- five years from now?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were permitted. But take the salary and get your foot in the door. Once you are in Citi the opportunities are plentiful. If you are up to the AML task and you have produced a good track record at Citi you can name the position you aspire to within the Citi's organization. They respect and they reward those who care about accomplishment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

My interview with Citi went really well. It was 1:1 in a very relaxed environment. The interviewer was very polite, and she just asked very straightforward questions. Questions might include "What do you know about AML?" and then the typical questions you'd generally encounter at any interview. The interviewer told me all about the job and allowed me to ask questions. All in all, it sounded like an exciting position for the right person.

Interview Questions

There was a scheduling conflict between training and a required class at my university.

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Warsaw (Poland)) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone call, after that another one, face to face interview that starts with the case study you gonna have around 30 minutes for it. After that usual interview questions. The whole interview was around an hour.

Interview Questions

• Are you a team player or an individual contributor?   1 Answer