Citi AML Compliance Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi AML Compliance Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 7, 2017

2.3

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Had 3 interviews - 2 department interviews and then one with someone else outside the department. Department is very small and I was under the impression there would be more people than there were in it. Interview was pretty standard, lasting about 30 minutes with each person. I don't know that the interview really provided me with a good overview of what the department did, or I might not have taken it.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I Applied online through Randstad Staffing Agency. The entire process took about 2 months total. I was contacted over the phone by staffing recruiter. A phone interview was then arranged and conducted by a Citi Representative. This was the only interview conducted during the process. I later received an offer 2-3 days later.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The process was through a temp agency, screening process took a while and then the interview was very procedural. Focus on attention to detail, as that is integral to the job. Management wants worker bees for this role; don't rock the boat, just meet your assigned quotas. The staffing agency generally has no idea what the role is, and some of the people were not cut out for it. Moderate excel skills needed (temp agency may give a test), but overall it just requires someone with strong attention to detail and an analytical mind.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, the temp agency was firm.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interviewer seemed like he didnt want to be there. Very basic style interview with a little Anti-money laundering questions thrown in. They do a lot of hiring for contractors at one time so if you stick out a bit you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about the patriot act.   1 Answer

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Waiting on temp agency. I was told they were waiting on citi to make a decision as they needed more than 20 employees. Temp agency did interview which was easy and precise for position. Then they would submit information to citi then citi would chose who they would interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I had submitted my resume through a campus recruiter. 3 weeks later I was contacted for an interview, i was called and set up a time to meet. the interview lasted about a half hour.

Interview Questions

the salary that was offered was too low for me to accept

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL).

Interview

After I applied I received an email stating I needed to take an online test to continue in the application process. The online test consists of listening to customer phone calls and transcribing the information correctly (account numbers, phone numbers, etc.). It wasn't very fast so the test is pretty easy and also had nothing to do with the job I applied for so I think everyone has to do it to show you know English and how to use a keyboard. It is timed and you can't quit in the middle so make sure you set an hour aside to get it done, or however long the email says it will take.

Next, I received an email stating I passed the online test. Then another email came stating I would be called for a phone interview and I had to pick a time slot. I don't remember too much about the phone interview but I think it was just questions about my past job experience and why I think I'd be a good fit for the job so make sure you read the job description and use that to make your argument for why you should get hired stronger.

After that I received another email from an HR person stating the last step was an in-person interview with a name, date/time, and location. I think he called me too but he did leave his contact info so I could contact him if needed.

On your interview day, REMEMBER YOUR INTERVIEWER'S NAME. When I was waiting in the Citi lobby for my interview, another guy came in for his interview and couldn't remember his interviewer's name. Therefore, the concierge people could not contact the interviewer to tell them the guy was there. He had to run out to his car (not a short walk to the parking garage) to find it.

Be prepared for some small talk too. The Citi complex is multiple buildings so the walk with your interviewer from the lobby to your interview area will be a few minutes.

The in-person interview consisted of the expected interview questions and a few job specific questions. But it's not expected that you'll completely understand the job, just prove you're smart enough to make it through the training that teaches you the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a time when I did something that made everyone else's job easier (like found a computer shortcut, created a macro, wrote a manual, etc.).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take the offered salary or leave it ($44,000).

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Only a phone interview with headhunter. He wanted to know if I had experience with VBA and with excel macros. I told him I did...but really didn't use much of that during my time there

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Questionnaire, phone screen, and face to face interview with two managers. Phone screen was a quick 5 question screener with basic questions. Phone interview asked more technical questions and followed the star format.

Interview Questions

• Walk me step by step on how you effectively follow procedures with a past employer?   Answer Question

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Warsaw (Poland)) in May 2014.

Interview

- HR interview - 1st stage through Skype. I was talking to HR representative, this was a soft skills interview with questions like how do you inspire people and tell me about yourself.
    - Manager interview = I had to go to Warsaw and meet the managers (head of NAV and Team Leader. Both were very nice and I had pleasant memories of this interview. There were some technical questions about KYC / AML pocess.

Interview Questions

• - how do you inspire people
      - what is a bond (and asked about differet types of securities, derivatives etc.)
      Answer Question