Citi Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

106 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in November 2017.

Interview

just went through 2 phone interview with an hr (pre-screening) and a manager ( tech questions) The manager was nice, asked detailed questions and shared lots of feedbacks at last.

Interview Questions

• What is the expectation and variance of normal distribution?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Analyst Interview

Interview

This was an on-site interview.

Technical interviewer was pretty emotionless and sarcastic, not to mention that the interviewer constantly cut me off every time I tried to explain what my solution did. The interviewer didn't make me feel welcome at all. I would have greatly appreciated it if he smiled more.

However, everyone else I spoke to was much more polite. The day ended with a short written technical assessment.

For all the coding questions, make sure you know how to optimize your solution (i.e. how can I make this better/faster?). YOU WILL BE ASKED TO DO THIS.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboarding   Answer Question
    • random data structures questions, e.g. write pseudo-code that prints out all the nodes in a binary search tree, write pseudo-code that looks for an item in a linked list, etc.   Answer Question
    • why citi? why work in the IT industry? why did you choose to study at your college?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • tell me what an interface is. what's an abstract class? explain to me how they're different from each other   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Straightforward simple review of resume with a couple questions. Seemed more on the side on just meeting me as a person more than an interview. I interviewed with a panel who each had their turn to talk to me.

Analyst Interview

Interview

The phone interview was scheduled well and the recruiter/ coordinator gave a brief explain about the interview, which helped me be well prepared. The interview was mixed with both behavioral and tech questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Involved 2 rounds. More conversational than anything else. Interviewers ended up answering a lot of questions about the group and work. A few simple questions on applicant's background and interest. No tough or abstract questions. Interviewers all very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied through a university program. Received an email weeks later notifying me that I had a phone interview. Phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. I messed up one question and didn't move to the next round, but the interview overall was pretty easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Two on campus. applied to global leadership program. After passing one superday with lots of applicants with 3 interviews. They walked through your resume. They're looking for leadership not technical skills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Standard interview, questions about financial statements and past experiences. The interviewers were very encouraging and friendly. Positive experience overall. Heard back within three days of the first round.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

YIELD BOOK ANALYST to be exact

Applied through job fair.
    Got called about 2 weeks later to come in for an interview.
    Met with 2 people to discuss my interests, 5 year plan, Citi itself, my principles and lots of other stuff.
    Then they left and 2 more came in and did a surprise logic test.
    I got called back that same day to come in and do a final interview.
    Final interview was based on a PDF they provided on Bond Duration.

Interview Questions

• Logic Part:
      Frog falls down a 40 ft well. Everyday jumps up 3 feet but then falls back down 2 feet in the same day. How many days will it take to exit the well?
      Car drives 2 miles. First mile is at 60mph and second mile at 30mph. What is the average speed?
      It is 3:15 on an Analog clock. What is the degrees between the hour and minute hand?
      There were a few others such as a card mismatch one and a n-trial heads coin, not sure right now.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

A phone call interview. ask me some mathematical common sense. BUT, he has a strong accent that I cannot even understand what he is talking about (or maybe just my english is so bad).

Interview Questions

• how many digits(he said like dibits..) are 2^500; angle between 8 and 6 in a triangle, the prob. of >90?maybe.   1 Answer