Citi Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

Analyst Interview

Interview

The phone interview was scheduled well and the recruiter/ coordinator gave a brief explain about the interview, which helped me be well prepared. The interview was mixed with both behavioral and tech questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Involved 2 rounds. More conversational than anything else. Interviewers ended up answering a lot of questions about the group and work. A few simple questions on applicant's background and interest. No tough or abstract questions. Interviewers all very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied through a university program. Received an email weeks later notifying me that I had a phone interview. Phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. I messed up one question and didn't move to the next round, but the interview overall was pretty easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Two on campus. applied to global leadership program. After passing one superday with lots of applicants with 3 interviews. They walked through your resume. They're looking for leadership not technical skills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

A phone call interview. ask me some mathematical common sense. BUT, he has a strong accent that I cannot even understand what he is talking about (or maybe just my english is so bad).

Interview Questions

• how many digits(he said like dibits..) are 2^500; angle between 8 and 6 in a triangle, the prob. of >90?maybe.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

YIELD BOOK ANALYST to be exact

Applied through job fair.
    Got called about 2 weeks later to come in for an interview.
    Met with 2 people to discuss my interests, 5 year plan, Citi itself, my principles and lots of other stuff.
    Then they left and 2 more came in and did a surprise logic test.
    I got called back that same day to come in and do a final interview.
    Final interview was based on a PDF they provided on Bond Duration.

Interview Questions

• Logic Part:
      Frog falls down a 40 ft well. Everyday jumps up 3 feet but then falls back down 2 feet in the same day. How many days will it take to exit the well?
      Car drives 2 miles. First mile is at 60mph and second mile at 30mph. What is the average speed?
      It is 3:15 on an Analog clock. What is the degrees between the hour and minute hand?
      There were a few others such as a card mismatch one and a n-trial heads coin, not sure right now.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First part of the interview process was a 30 minute phone call with a developer. He asked how familiar I was with C#, went over my resume, and asked a few SQL questions. Then I got an invitation to the Houston Super Day Interviews, where each candidate had to go through 3 back-to-back interviews. There were 6 interviewers in the same room and the recruiter would let the candidates know which interviewer to talk to next. Two of these interviews were technical and one was behavioral. The technical interviews went over SQL, OOP, and the projects listed on the resume. The behavioral interview was just like any other. After the interviews, we took a timed test that went over various topics in CS. The proctor stressed that they don't expect us to finish the entire exam. The exam had Java, C#, algorithms, front-end, and multithreading questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between UNION and UNION ALL in SQL?   Answer Question
    • Describe the shortest path between two arbitrary points on a cube's surface.   Answer Question
    • What is a deadlock?   Answer Question
    • Given a string, write code that reverses only the alphabet characters of the string in the most efficient way.

Example: a$1b^c -> c$1b^a
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

One in person interview at school. One on site super day with 3 separate interviews. Very straightforward. Mostly behavioral with one technical interview revolving around comparing financial statements. They were very slow in scheduling and even slower in reimbursement. Overall, my conversations throughout the process were brief but straightforward. A lot of nice work people there, which was cool, but many are too busy to give you the time of day.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Expected to have long and intense interview with many executives. Only few questions are identical (such as tell me about yourself), most of them ask different questions that involves work experience, behavioral, technical and brain teaser….it really depends on how many of them are interviewing you. HINT: you probably know a lot about banking and finance if you are business student, but make sure you review the definition of all basic finance and accounting term, memorize them if you can.

Negotiation

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi in February 2016.

Interview

I went to my school's career fair. Met and talked to Citi's recruiters. We discussed briefly about my skills and the job at Citi. The next day I had an interview with a higher level manager. A few days later I received the email for the on site interviews.

Interview Questions

• We talked about my resume and went through some of the projects that I have done   Answer Question