Citi Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.9

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Interview was fairly simple. Was more conversational, which was nice and a couple behavioral based questions. Also discussed my level comfort with implementations, and overall excel knowledge. Interviewer was very clear about exactly what the person in this position would be doing on a day to day basis.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in November 2017.

Interview

just went through 2 phone interview with an hr (pre-screening) and a manager ( tech questions) The manager was nice, asked detailed questions and shared lots of feedbacks at last.

Interview Questions

• What is the expectation and variance of normal distribution?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

This was an on-site interview.

Technical interviewer was pretty emotionless and sarcastic, not to mention that the interviewer constantly cut me off every time I tried to explain what my solution did. The interviewer didn't make me feel welcome at all. I would have greatly appreciated it if he smiled more.

However, everyone else I spoke to was much more polite. The day ended with a short written technical assessment.

For all the coding questions, make sure you know how to optimize your solution (i.e. how can I make this better/faster?). YOU WILL BE ASKED TO DO THIS.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboarding   Answer Question
    • random data structures questions, e.g. write pseudo-code that prints out all the nodes in a binary search tree, write pseudo-code that looks for an item in a linked list, etc.   Answer Question
    • why citi? why work in the IT industry? why did you choose to study at your college?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • tell me what an interface is. what's an abstract class? explain to me how they're different from each other   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

The phone interview was scheduled well and the recruiter/ coordinator gave a brief explain about the interview, which helped me be well prepared. The interview was mixed with both behavioral and tech questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied through a university program. Received an email weeks later notifying me that I had a phone interview. Phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. I messed up one question and didn't move to the next round, but the interview overall was pretty easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Standard interview, questions about financial statements and past experiences. The interviewers were very encouraging and friendly. Positive experience overall. Heard back within three days of the first round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

A phone call interview. ask me some mathematical common sense. BUT, he has a strong accent that I cannot even understand what he is talking about (or maybe just my english is so bad).

Interview Questions

• how many digits(he said like dibits..) are 2^500; angle between 8 and 6 in a triangle, the prob. of >90?maybe.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First part of the interview process was a 30 minute phone call with a developer. He asked how familiar I was with C#, went over my resume, and asked a few SQL questions. Then I got an invitation to the Houston Super Day Interviews, where each candidate had to go through 3 back-to-back interviews. There were 6 interviewers in the same room and the recruiter would let the candidates know which interviewer to talk to next. Two of these interviews were technical and one was behavioral. The technical interviews went over SQL, OOP, and the projects listed on the resume. The behavioral interview was just like any other. After the interviews, we took a timed test that went over various topics in CS. The proctor stressed that they don't expect us to finish the entire exam. The exam had Java, C#, algorithms, front-end, and multithreading questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between UNION and UNION ALL in SQL?   Answer Question
    • Describe the shortest path between two arbitrary points on a cube's surface.   Answer Question
    • What is a deadlock?   Answer Question
    • Given a string, write code that reverses only the alphabet characters of the string in the most efficient way.

Example: a$1b^c -> c$1b^a   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

One in person interview at school. One on site super day with 3 separate interviews. Very straightforward. Mostly behavioral with one technical interview revolving around comparing financial statements. They were very slow in scheduling and even slower in reimbursement. Overall, my conversations throughout the process were brief but straightforward. A lot of nice work people there, which was cool, but many are too busy to give you the time of day.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi in February 2016.

Interview

I went to my school's career fair. Met and talked to Citi's recruiters. We discussed briefly about my skills and the job at Citi. The next day I had an interview with a higher level manager. A few days later I received the email for the on site interviews.

Interview Questions

• We talked about my resume and went through some of the projects that I have done   Answer Question