Citi Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied through a university program. Received an email weeks later notifying me that I had a phone interview. Phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. I messed up one question and didn't move to the next round, but the interview overall was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

A phone call interview. ask me some mathematical common sense. BUT, he has a strong accent that I cannot even understand what he is talking about (or maybe just my english is so bad).

Interview Questions

• how many digits(he said like dibits..) are 2^500; angle between 8 and 6 in a triangle, the prob. of >90?maybe.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First part of the interview process was a 30 minute phone call with a developer. He asked how familiar I was with C#, went over my resume, and asked a few SQL questions. Then I got an invitation to the Houston Super Day Interviews, where each candidate had to go through 3 back-to-back interviews. There were 6 interviewers in the same room and the recruiter would let the candidates know which interviewer to talk to next. Two of these interviews were technical and one was behavioral. The technical interviews went over SQL, OOP, and the projects listed on the resume. The behavioral interview was just like any other. After the interviews, we took a timed test that went over various topics in CS. The proctor stressed that they don't expect us to finish the entire exam. The exam had Java, C#, algorithms, front-end, and multithreading questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between UNION and UNION ALL in SQL?   Answer Question
    • Describe the shortest path between two arbitrary points on a cube's surface.   Answer Question
    • What is a deadlock?   Answer Question
    • Given a string, write code that reverses only the alphabet characters of the string in the most efficient way.

Example: a$1b^c -> c$1b^a
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

One in person interview at school. One on site super day with 3 separate interviews. Very straightforward. Mostly behavioral with one technical interview revolving around comparing financial statements. They were very slow in scheduling and even slower in reimbursement. Overall, my conversations throughout the process were brief but straightforward. A lot of nice work people there, which was cool, but many are too busy to give you the time of day.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi in February 2016.

Interview

I went to my school's career fair. Met and talked to Citi's recruiters. We discussed briefly about my skills and the job at Citi. The next day I had an interview with a higher level manager. A few days later I received the email for the on site interviews.

Interview Questions

• We talked about my resume and went through some of the projects that I have done   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

After apply on their website, they would send a link of the online assessment test. If you pass the online assessment then you would get an email to set up the first round interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Campus Interview, it takes about 30 minutes, most of them are behavioral questions and some brain teasers questions. It is a 1 on 1 interview, and no hard questions. I applied it through school website, and scheduled an interview after two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What did you from your mistakes? What are your great strengths? Why Citi?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Exactly 2 weeks later to the day got an email from HR who set up an in-person interview in the Buffalo, NY office. Prior to the interview I was given a list of two interviewers whom I would I have paged upon arrival. On the day of the interview I got there about 5 minutes early where much to my amusement the security could not locate my interviewers. The contact information in the Citi Buffalo database is scrambled between departments, apparently. After some time a group of 4 people showed up. Who they were I still do not know to this day as they failed to introduce themselves. As if the experience could not get any better at that point, I was cheerfully informed by the group en route to the interview that they did not have a room available for our interview session. After locating an available room the interview was brief to say the least. Between the aforementioned mishaps and the interview's conclusion, about 20 minutes passed. There were no technicalities in the least. In fact, when I asked about the types of derivative instruments the department worked with they hastily changed the subject. Similarly, I had asked them about Citi's latest corporate developments which landed much media attention lately, only to be told that they have never heard of anything of the sort. So, in the end, suffice it to say I never heard back from them. But about month later I was contacted by a VP from another department who told me that the previous interviewers had footballed me to her. So she wanted to bring me in for an interview immediately. Suffice it to say I never made it to that interview. Between her insistence to play hard-to-get, as well as last minute on-the-day cancellations with a pathetic excuse the lack of professionalism in the Buffalo office is simply appalling.

Interview Questions

• We see you know Excel. So, what can you do? (exact format of the question)
      What was your proudest moment?
      Which of your travels did you like the most?
      What makes a good leader?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (College Station, TX).

Interview

standard 30 minutes on campus interview followed by an onsite interview at the Irving office. questions from the interview were basically the typical interpersonal questions (tell me about yourself, greatest challenge, why did you choose the your major, openness to travel, what motivates you, what makes you the best fit for the company...this is followed by an opportunity to ask the interviewer some questions)

Analyst Interview

Interview

applied online through school.
    First interview was over the phone. All resume based questions mainly