Citi Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

Very behavioral-heavy. Interviewers are usually mean and will do "stress-tests" as well. Be prepared to show humility, your experiences working in teams, and why you are interested in a specific line of business. Citigroup hiring consists of an interview on campus (may be with one or two people), a superday that has tons of interviews. Be nice. Don't be mean.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Basic questions about experience, team member dynamics and working style, process expertise and if relocation is possible with out any assistance. The questions were easy but they are testing if you be able to work in their team rather then testing your knowledge because everyone will get the initial training for the job.

Interview Questions

• About my experience in the field of banking and compliance   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New Delhi (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through college/ University. The process took 3+ weeks. first was a CV shortlist round followed by an online aptitude test.There were 3 rounds of face to face interviews. Basic HR questions and a questions regarding the internship were asked. A short math puzzle and a few guesstimate questions were asked for the technical interview

Interview Questions

• Q) Tell me something about yourself?
      Q) Why Citi ?
      Q) Strengths / weaknesses
      Q) 2 guesstimate questions

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2017.

Interview

There were four stages to the interview. First interview was with an Associate. Second round of interviews are with two Vice-Presidents who tackle behavioural and technical questions. Final round is with a Managing Director who focus their questions mainly on 'fit' based questions. First three interviews were on the phone and last was a VC. Interviewers are very personable and interviews became more of a structured conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi?
      Name a time where you were in a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?
      Name a project that you were involved in?
      What desk would you like to be on and why?
      Give a time where you had to make an ethical decision?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First part of the interview process was a 30 minute phone call with a developer. He asked how familiar I was with C#, went over my resume, and asked a few SQL questions. Then I got an invitation to the Houston Super Day Interviews, where each candidate had to go through 3 back-to-back interviews. There were 6 interviewers in the same room and the recruiter would let the candidates know which interviewer to talk to next. Two of these interviews were technical and one was behavioral. The technical interviews went over SQL, OOP, and the projects listed on the resume. The behavioral interview was just like any other. After the interviews, we took a timed test that went over various topics in CS. The proctor stressed that they don't expect us to finish the entire exam. The exam had Java, C#, algorithms, front-end, and multithreading questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between UNION and UNION ALL in SQL?   Answer Question
    • Describe the shortest path between two arbitrary points on a cube's surface.   Answer Question
    • What is a deadlock?   Answer Question
    • Given a string, write code that reverses only the alphabet characters of the string in the most efficient way.

Example: a$1b^c -> c$1b^a

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

YIELD BOOK ANALYST to be exact

Applied through job fair.
    Got called about 2 weeks later to come in for an interview.
    Met with 2 people to discuss my interests, 5 year plan, Citi itself, my principles and lots of other stuff.
    Then they left and 2 more came in and did a surprise logic test.
    I got called back that same day to come in and do a final interview.
    Final interview was based on a PDF they provided on Bond Duration.

Interview Questions

• Logic Part:
      Frog falls down a 40 ft well. Everyday jumps up 3 feet but then falls back down 2 feet in the same day. How many days will it take to exit the well?
      Car drives 2 miles. First mile is at 60mph and second mile at 30mph. What is the average speed?
      It is 3:15 on an Analog clock. What is the degrees between the hour and minute hand?
      There were a few others such as a card mismatch one and a n-trial heads coin, not sure right now.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Gainesville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Thorough. They tested my abilities in both languages english and spanish and were very specific when asking technical questions. Could not swing around the answer, they knew what they were looking for. Although very thorough, very light spirited and with no bad attitutes

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Interview

The technical round is really very tough
    they ask a lot of scenario based questions on financial statements as well as lot of questions on the JD

Also industry related questions

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Expected to have long and intense interview with many executives. Only few questions are identical (such as tell me about yourself), most of them ask different questions that involves work experience, behavioral, technical and brain teaser….it really depends on how many of them are interviewing you. HINT: you probably know a lot about banking and finance if you are business student, but make sure you review the definition of all basic finance and accounting term, memorize them if you can.

Negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Chennai (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was mainly focussed on my cv. Some logical puzzles, guesstimates were asked in the first round amongst a detailed discussion of my internship. In the second round i was asked a case study and some hr questions.