Citi Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Involved 2 rounds. More conversational than anything else. Interviewers ended up answering a lot of questions about the group and work. A few simple questions on applicant's background and interest. No tough or abstract questions. Interviewers all very friendly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Basic questions about experience, team member dynamics and working style, process expertise and if relocation is possible with out any assistance. The questions were easy but they are testing if you be able to work in their team rather then testing your knowledge because everyone will get the initial training for the job.

Interview Questions

• About my experience in the field of banking and compliance   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New Delhi (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through college/ University. The process took 3+ weeks. first was a CV shortlist round followed by an online aptitude test.There were 3 rounds of face to face interviews. Basic HR questions and a questions regarding the internship were asked. A short math puzzle and a few guesstimate questions were asked for the technical interview

Interview Questions

• Q) Tell me something about yourself?
      Q) Why Citi ?
      Q) Strengths / weaknesses
      Q) 2 guesstimate questions

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Chennai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

You have to choose your convenient

programming language C,C++,Java.

My suggestion is to choose C++.You may

choose C or Java if you feel them better.

This round had 4 sections

i)Computer Programming – 15 MCQ questions

containing DS, Algorithms.

ii)Logical Ability – 16 MCQ

iii)Quantitative Ability – 14 MCQ

All the above three sections was about 15 mins

only. So time management is the key. Moreover it

was an adaptive test. (i.e.)We can’t go back or

navigate through the questions of our wish.

iv)Automata – This round is not scary as the

name. This is simple coding round with 2

questions. Each one may get different questions.

1)GCD of n numbers given n and an array of

numbers

2)Maximum root to leaf path sum

I think this section was given 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell some HTML tags

 Why do you use JavaScript

 What is AJAX

 Practical use of stack – Undo/Redo

 Practical use of AJAX

– Google search

 Types of indices in Database

– Primary or

Clustering indices, secondary indices,

multilevel indices, dense indices, sparse

indices

A basic SQL query

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New Delhi (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Hiring process was in campus. Begins with a Pre placement talk. Following the PPt is the group discussion round. Gd is followed by 1-2 interview rounds. Questions are mostly simple. Basic Hr questions and very few technical questions are sled

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2017.

Interview

There were four stages to the interview. First interview was with an Associate. Second round of interviews are with two Vice-Presidents who tackle behavioural and technical questions. Final round is with a Managing Director who focus their questions mainly on 'fit' based questions. First three interviews were on the phone and last was a VC. Interviewers are very personable and interviews became more of a structured conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi?
      Name a time where you were in a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?
      Name a project that you were involved in?
      What desk would you like to be on and why?
      Give a time where you had to make an ethical decision?

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Analyst programme in November 2016 and they invited me to the first round interview taking place at Citi (London) in January 2017

I had:
    - 1 competency based interview
    - 1 technical interview

They called me back 5 days after the interview to invite me to the next round.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a time you had to make a decision that involved an ethical consideration
      - How can you price a call in a flat rate environment?

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

6 interviews, 2 by phone and 4 in person. group case study, tailored to citi's competences and values (entrepr, common purpose, leadership, responsible finance) then q/a for technical - wacc, difference between bonds / equity, various corporate finance theory, how to estimate cost of debt, cost of equity, motivational questions likfe why citi, why this role, why banking etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

One in person interview at school. One on site super day with 3 separate interviews. Very straightforward. Mostly behavioral with one technical interview revolving around comparing financial statements. They were very slow in scheduling and even slower in reimbursement. Overall, my conversations throughout the process were brief but straightforward. A lot of nice work people there, which was cool, but many are too busy to give you the time of day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First part of the interview process was a 30 minute phone call with a developer. He asked how familiar I was with C#, went over my resume, and asked a few SQL questions. Then I got an invitation to the Houston Super Day Interviews, where each candidate had to go through 3 back-to-back interviews. There were 6 interviewers in the same room and the recruiter would let the candidates know which interviewer to talk to next. Two of these interviews were technical and one was behavioral. The technical interviews went over SQL, OOP, and the projects listed on the resume. The behavioral interview was just like any other. After the interviews, we took a timed test that went over various topics in CS. The proctor stressed that they don't expect us to finish the entire exam. The exam had Java, C#, algorithms, front-end, and multithreading questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between UNION and UNION ALL in SQL?   Answer Question
    • Describe the shortest path between two arbitrary points on a cube's surface.   Answer Question
    • What is a deadlock?   Answer Question
    • Given a string, write code that reverses only the alphabet characters of the string in the most efficient way.

Example: a$1b^c -> c$1b^a