Citi Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Gainesville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Thorough. They tested my abilities in both languages english and spanish and were very specific when asking technical questions. Could not swing around the answer, they knew what they were looking for. Although very thorough, very light spirited and with no bad attitutes

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

After apply on their website, they would send a link of the online assessment test. If you pass the online assessment then you would get an email to set up the first round interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Campus Interview, it takes about 30 minutes, most of them are behavioral questions and some brain teasers questions. It is a 1 on 1 interview, and no hard questions. I applied it through school website, and scheduled an interview after two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What did you from your mistakes? What are your great strengths? Why Citi?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Exactly 2 weeks later to the day got an email from HR who set up an in-person interview in the Buffalo, NY office. Prior to the interview I was given a list of two interviewers whom I would I have paged upon arrival. On the day of the interview I got there about 5 minutes early where much to my amusement the security could not locate my interviewers. The contact information in the Citi Buffalo database is scrambled between departments, apparently. After some time a group of 4 people showed up. Who they were I still do not know to this day as they failed to introduce themselves. As if the experience could not get any better at that point, I was cheerfully informed by the group en route to the interview that they did not have a room available for our interview session. After locating an available room the interview was brief to say the least. Between the aforementioned mishaps and the interview's conclusion, about 20 minutes passed. There were no technicalities in the least. In fact, when I asked about the types of derivative instruments the department worked with they hastily changed the subject. Similarly, I had asked them about Citi's latest corporate developments which landed much media attention lately, only to be told that they have never heard of anything of the sort. So, in the end, suffice it to say I never heard back from them. But about month later I was contacted by a VP from another department who told me that the previous interviewers had footballed me to her. So she wanted to bring me in for an interview immediately. Suffice it to say I never made it to that interview. Between her insistence to play hard-to-get, as well as last minute on-the-day cancellations with a pathetic excuse the lack of professionalism in the Buffalo office is simply appalling.

Interview Questions

• We see you know Excel. So, what can you do? (exact format of the question)
      What was your proudest moment?
      Which of your travels did you like the most?
      What makes a good leader?
      1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

it is on campus interview with aptitude at first followed by 4 interview. 2 technical, 1 HR and then final panel with 5 manger including HR. Technical was mostly presence of mind and statistical knowledge test. HR was behavioral and panel was stress testing

Interview Questions

• tell me how much amount one of the interviewer carrying in panel interview? you are allowed to ask 10 question but not any direct question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (College Station, TX).

Interview

standard 30 minutes on campus interview followed by an onsite interview at the Irving office. questions from the interview were basically the typical interpersonal questions (tell me about yourself, greatest challenge, why did you choose the your major, openness to travel, what motivates you, what makes you the best fit for the company...this is followed by an opportunity to ask the interviewer some questions)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

On-Campus, Superday. Senior people are very friendly and attentive. they value a lot on OCR. Also they offer a lot of networking opportunity. It could be the case that your interviewers are the people who came down to your campus for networking events. You don't hear back immediately, but you should expect at least a week to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Markets Outlook, DCF, Behavioral (A lot), Walk me through your resume, and Cultural fit questions. Ask what you have done in your past work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed with HR and then PMs and traders. Overall had a phone interview and then 7 interviews on site at the office. The process was very process driven. Fit seemed to be the most important factor for the team.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you failed. What did you learn from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process included utilization of phone interview in order to conduct interview process. The overall process was quite informal and included a microsoft excel examination and an access exam. It was interesting that I did not need to go to the actual campus or interview in person; instead, I was contacted by a temp agency by telephone, who had me stand by for a phone interview. At the conclusion of the interview, I was told that I would be considered for the position and later received an offer.

Interview Questions

• How well can you perform excel functions, such as pivot tables, v-lookups, and macros?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus recruiting with two rounds for the internship position. First round with HR and an Associate. Second round with VP and MD. Was invited to the office to meet more senior people before the job offer was made. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard IB questions. Make sure you know the transactions they have done.   Answer Question