Citi Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Called in for personal interviews. Had three rounds and was pretty standard. whether good at excel, access.
    Was expecting more challenging questions. It took less than two hours. HR was friendly and people were nice and welcoming.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Analyst Interview

Interview

applied online through school.
    First interview was over the phone. All resume based questions mainly

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with VP, asked about resume, dealing with large data sets, excel skills and couple of trick question (how many tennis balls does it take to fill this room). Also wanted to know about economy, asked general questions, past experience. Was a 1 on 1 interview then interviewed with Director.

Interview Questions

• What is your excel experience.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by office interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I got this opportunity from school career fair. I was interviewed by a VP and it lasted 15 mins. He is kinda in a rush so our interview did not last very long.

Interview Questions

• We discussed the project I did in my resume and he asked some math questions( he is math major).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

There was 1 phone interview and then a super day in which I met with around 6 people. The turn around was very fast and appreciative so I found out I got an offer within a few days after the interview. Some people asked more technical questions while others just wanted to know me as a person better. The questions were very standard for an interview though.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

phone interview behavioral
    super day with three interviews

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Jobs posted on Citi website. Apply for postings. Depending on the need or if you know someone, it may be weeks before HR calls you if both they and the hiring manager would like you to be interviewed. Depening on department, interviews could involve multiple people or multiple visits. It may take weeks after the interview to hear back from HR--even if you send follow up emails. After an offer is excepted, it takes a few more weeks to get pre-employment work done and then another few weeks to get all system access that is required.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to gain from Citi if you were to be offered a position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took some time to negotiate and it has to go through a few levels of management as it is budget-related. Unless you have valid reasons to request an increase it will be denied. THey usually only counter offer about $2K more than original with reason.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I initially found the job posting through my campus career center and submitted a cover letter and resume in early September of my senior year. An alumnus of my college who works at Citi Private Bank came in to the career center in early October and interviewed a few of the applicants, including myself. We didn't get any feedback from the college or Citi until a week after the initial interview when four of us were invited to New York for the final round, which took place two weeks later on a Friday. The following Monday, the HR department got back to us with their decisions.

Interview Questions

• If you had a client who ran a company that makes shoelaces and who doesn't know about anything except the shoelace business (i.e. he knows nothing about personal investments), how would you recommend he invest his money and why?   1 Answer
    • If you were to get this job and then look back in five or ten years, why wouldn't you think it was a waste of your time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They make a standard offer to all of their first-year analysts and it is very much a take-it-or-leave-it situation.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

A face to face interview with two managers.
    Asked very standard questions, tell me about yourself ,why did you applied for this position. Your strengths and weaknesses. The interviewers then asked questions about my resume and i explained in detail the job scope of my previous work experience. Overall it was quite a casual interview session. Got an phone call that said i was accepted a few days later.