Citi Assistant Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Assistant Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Hagerstown, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on the Citi internal website. 2 weeks after applying I received an email invite for the interview. I prepared as much as I could. The interview was a panel style with 2 Assistant Vice Presidents and an Operations Manager. They rotated asking the questions while the others wrote. This was my first panel style interview so I was very nervous. It definitely gave me practice. I am still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to get creative to complete a task.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

HR followed by 2 Technical rounds (one with the manager and another with the team) and final HR round for salary discussions. There were also drug tests and background checks. Overall a pleasant interview experience. It took about a month for the interview process. Since I was already working as a contractor, it was easy to find the suitable position, apply for it, and interview withut stress. Citi group is an excellet place to interview with and work at.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Pune (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

4+ rounds and a technical test which can have anything : Spring, JMS, Logical, Core Java anything.

The rounds are good and people are technically strong. The only problem is they do not know how many rounds they want to conduct. So it may take 1-2 months for the process to complete and at the end of the day the HR will not respond back with feedback.

People should give interviews but do not depend on them and have 1-2 other offers. you never know when they might tell you that we have kept your profile on hold or have closed the position. So be ready to face such a situation.

Also do not depend on Recruitment Agency much. They simply do not care once you have appeared for the interview. They may send you to walkin saying its scheduled slot. But it wastes whole day and all the rounds do not get completed.

Interview Questions

• Thread pools, Concurrency, JMS, Spring, Design patterns, Algorithms basics.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi in June 2009.

Interview

I received my position internally - but the positions are posted online. Generally there is a screening process with an HR recruiter, then a first interview with two senior managers. The second interview would be with the site Phones Director, and potentially a third.

Interview Questions

• The interview process follows the STAR method: Situation/Task, Action, Result. For me, the most difficult question was about escalating risk / taking chances because in my current environment there is not a lot of risk taking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Internal offer, no negotiation.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi in February 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview. Face to face interview on premises with 3 managers. Acknowledgement form. Background release. Dishonesty questionnaire. Family business. Fingerprints. Letter of assurance. Drug consent form.

Interview Questions

• Because my skills are strong, the questions were designed to find out if I would fit in socially with the group.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

First level was phone screening and then multiple personal rounds. Last round was with MD of the group which was also technical with question based on algorithm and problem solving. Interview were more inclined towards algorithm and generic CS concept but some of Java/J2EE concept were asked along with puzzles.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial communication via email 5 days after online application submission. 3 interviews, including 1 w/ HR and 2 w/ Hiring Manager and Department staff. Interview process was straightforward and relaxed. Questions only focused on prior work experience and interviewers shared priorities and key deliverables expected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your current role and how your skills fit the position on our team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Gave a benchmarked salary range with "wiggle room" so that I'd be happy even without a bonus or raise.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I had a video interview for a job in Manhattan, and that was all it took to get the job. I met with 2 people, and the interview only lasted about 45 minutes total. It was rather informal, and I got the job mostly on the strength of my resume and experience.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted the job as opposed to pursuing a career more closely aligned with my education.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Tucson, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

Three interviews total. Internal promotion. Typical STAR format questions. The whole process probably took about two months. Same interview packet for each interview however each section has 3 different questions that can be asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with another employee, what was it and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

Consisted of two phone interviews with direct manager then EMEA region head. Discussed knowledge of investment products, previous experience at other investment banks, project management experience and other skills. Was basically a run down of my cv and "tell me more". Asked to describe a time when I had to produce analysis / MI and present it to a senior audience,

Interview Questions

• asked about a time I had to deal with a difficult work situation or conflict.   Answer Question