Citi Assistant Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Assistant Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online, 1st hr interview on telephone, asked about motivation to leave and immigration status. Then was called onsite, met with group manager and different team managers and MD . Asked about previous work experience and education.

Interview Questions

• Bond math, resume based questions, Asked about duration, convexity, cds pricing, basic black scholes formula and its implications   Answer Question
  • Determine relationship between bond yield and price and how do you derive that? Bond math, resume based questions, Asked about duration, convexity, cds pricing, basic black scholes formula and its implications   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial communication via email 5 days after online application submission. 3 interviews, including 1 w/ HR and 2 w/ Hiring Manager and Department staff. Interview process was straightforward and relaxed. Questions only focused on prior work experience and interviewers shared priorities and key deliverables expected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your current role and how your skills fit the position on our team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Gave a benchmarked salary range with "wiggle room" so that I'd be happy even without a bonus or raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Hagerstown, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on the Citi internal website. 2 weeks after applying I received an email invite for the interview. I prepared as much as I could. The interview was a panel style with 2 Assistant Vice Presidents and an Operations Manager. They rotated asking the questions while the others wrote. This was my first panel style interview so I was very nervous. It definitely gave me practice. I am still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to get creative to complete a task.   1 Answer

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I had a video interview for a job in Manhattan, and that was all it took to get the job. I met with 2 people, and the interview only lasted about 45 minutes total. It was rather informal, and I got the job mostly on the strength of my resume and experience.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted the job as opposed to pursuing a career more closely aligned with my education.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Tucson, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

Three interviews total. Internal promotion. Typical STAR format questions. The whole process probably took about two months. Same interview packet for each interview however each section has 3 different questions that can be asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with another employee, what was it and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

Consisted of two phone interviews with direct manager then EMEA region head. Discussed knowledge of investment products, previous experience at other investment banks, project management experience and other skills. Was basically a run down of my cv and "tell me more". Asked to describe a time when I had to produce analysis / MI and present it to a senior audience,

Interview Questions

• asked about a time I had to deal with a difficult work situation or conflict.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Mumbai (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

Written online codility test + Telephonic + Face to Face + HR + Culture. Process is simple first online codility test followed by 2-3 round of telephonic interview and 2 rounds of face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Question on multi threading, concurrency, inter thread   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Mumbai (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was the Risk Analytics Interview at Mumbai. They had a standard SAS and data sufficiency written test. Followed by a technical interview. For technical interview the person asked gave cases on various situations for data analysis and asked for solutions. most questions themselves were more complicated than the answer.

Interview Questions

• For technical interview the person asked gave cases on various situations for data analysis and asked for solutions. most questions themselves were more complicated than the answer.   1 Answer

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

2 interviews. The first interview was a face to face with a senior manager and team lead. The second was with the senior senior manager. They asked a series of questions about my previous work history before telling me about the position. The senior managers put me on the spot on how I would deal with actual work situations. They bombard you with boring information thats over the top and try to throw you off.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

HR followed by 2 Technical rounds (one with the manager and another with the team) and final HR round for salary discussions. There were also drug tests and background checks. Overall a pleasant interview experience. It took about a month for the interview process. Since I was already working as a contractor, it was easy to find the suitable position, apply for it, and interview withut stress. Citi group is an excellet place to interview with and work at.