Citi Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with HR, my supervisor, and three bankers. Interviews were surprisingly relaxed, but I new my supervisor well, and he highly recommended me. The firm was accommodating and allowed for telephone interviews when travel was inconvenient.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

one interview, spoke with a recruiter via phone. He set me up with an in person interview. The interview consisted of a VP and SVP interview. Each lasted about 20 minutes. I felt very confident leaving the interview.

Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring process is similar to other fortune 500 firms. Also helps to network and know people within the firm. Interview process was ok. It was not what I expected as we hardly discussed relevant experience. Interview consisted of sports, strengths and weaknesses. I expect to hear from the interviewer soon.

Interview Questions

• How did you react when faced with challenges beyond your control?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The initial interviews were with senior managers who sit off-site, but were otherwise straightforward. Since I was an internal candidate, questions about the company's products, practices, etc. were dispensed with in favor of discussing why I was interested in transferring from one area of the company to another. The second-round interview was in-person with another team member who asked mostly about my work style and seemed intent on determining whether my personality would fit with the team.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable communicating with upper management?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

One round interview with very basic questions`

Interview Questions

• some options and mutual fund quesitons. nothing too hard   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. Second round was two on one. Both were a mix of behavioral and technical,with heavy weight towards fit and why-Citi. First round was more technical. Networking is beneficial and so is a clear concise story for the career path you are interviewing for. Citi values its global network, its people, and it's international brand among other aspects

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Amherst, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online and through a referral who also received my application. Called back about a week later for a phone call with a VP and to schedule an interview. The interview was straight forward, the usual tell me about yourself...strengths/weaknesses hardly any technical questions which was a little odd. Overall, the interviewers felt aloof and disconnected to reality, and I didn't leave with a positive impression of employees and the Amherst offices. Got a call another week later saying they would like to hire me. Went over compensation packages and declined almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• What is bond duration? (not difficult, but relative to the questions asked)   1 Answer

Salary is LOW

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Came in out of business school. Interviewed for a desk on fixed income desk. Met people in the group. Asked me about my background. Process wasn't that long, but this was a hire outside of the normal associates program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

3 separate 1:1 interviews with managing directors of the company. One was asking about leadership competences, second one more about technical skills and the last one primarily was focusing on personality.
    Be prepared to give specific examples and do not over-complicate.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you lead a team, what were the challenges?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

applied online and a week later was contacted for interviews. Interviewed with HR first round and then second round with 5 people ranging from VP to 3 MD's. after another week i was contacted again with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain your resume in detail, how does your experience relate to this job, where do you want to be in 5 years, why do you want this job.   Answer Question