Citi Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Bank Teller Interview Questions

Interviews at Citi

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Give a phone call and let me to go there tomorrow. In the interview,the branch manager asked me several questions about my Internships. After the interview,they give me a test online. 1week later,they said because I am not a US citizen and live far away from the branch. So they decided to hire other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is your plan in the work area in the near 3 to 5 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Basic interview questions. Why citibank? Why should i hire you? They also ask about your previous experience. The hiring manager inspoke with was very laid back and made the process so much easier. Overall it was one of the best interviews i've went to.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online had a referral from a friend that already worked for the company. Went in for interview very easy a few days later I was called by the area director to get to know me a little better and a few weeks after that I was offered the position.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then with a branch manager at the branch, then another phone interview after with regional manager. Basic interview questions. Overall took 3 weeks to find out i got hired from the first interview. They kept you in the loop throughout the interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You had a chance to negotiate when the recruiter offers you the job and salary. If you have banking experience you can ask for a little more and they will work with you.

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Bronx, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I've applied online and received a call from HR the following day in the afternoon and they've set a date for a interview later the following week. I've met with 4 different other branch managers throughout the Bronx at one location, Fordham location. Three of the interviews were fairly easy. The last interview, which was with the manager from the Fordham branch, was pretty nerve wrecking. He asked me tons of questions based off my job experiences that were listed on my resume. He went through each and every bullet point. There was a lot of other candidates who were there and had to be interviewed by each manager, the wait was the longest ever. I was there from 3:30pm to 6:00pm

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Had a couple phone interviews, then HR rep set up interview with Branch Manager. This was a few years ago so I do not really remember what they asked me. I was 19 at the time and had prior bank teller experience which was a plus.

Interview Questions

• If you have a sales goal, what do you do to make sure you exceed that goal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

I recieved a call back after applying online 3 weeks prior. They interviewed me on the phone and called me the following day to come in for a face to face interview. I did pretty well which than got me another interview with my future boss at a local branch.

Interview Questions

• I didnt have much banking experience so she asked me a question about a customer being in an odd situation!   1 Answer

Negotiation

i wrote down 15 dollars for hour once asked. I ended up being the highest paid teller even though i was the newest.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online, took assesment test, very basic, Met with branch manager and Assistant branch manager at branch, took 3 months to call me back, Spoke on the phone and negotiated about my salary, Always negotiate, Long training but fun, Backround check and drug test, as well as finger printing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a bank? Tell me about yourself, what do you do on your spare time, are you flexiable?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

applied online, do the assessment test. recruiter called me for phone interview first. then referred to the branch manager and assistant manager for interview. they asked average questions. They asked me questions like "what is your strength? " "why us?"

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

Long interview very standard