Citi Interview Questions in Belfast, Northern Ireland | Glassdoor

3.1

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Spring Insight Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview. The interview for this Spring Insight Week was very conversational with competency questions throughout. Prepare by answering these questions using the STAR method and know what questions to ask at the end before the interview.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

ok it was ok and no concerns overall assessment centre and interview felt it was all a bit pointless- referrals also made it easier for some people but overall it wasn't too bad.

KYC Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Citi contacted me regarding the role - attended the interview at their Belfast Office with KYC Europe Senior Manager and HR Rep. Was advised that they interviewing for the following 2 weeks so it would be unlikely that I would have an outcome before that time frame. It has now been 6 weeks post the interview and despite emailing the HR Rep who initially approached me, I have heard nothing from Citi regarding the outcome. Very disappointed that a major global company would treat candidates in such an unprofessional manner - not what I expected at all? Poor overall experience and has changed my perceptions of Citi somewhat!

Middle Office Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. called back 6 weeks later short telephone interview. Invited in to meet with 2 Analysts. invited back in to meet 2 snr managers following week. interviews around an hour each

Interview Questions

• why Citi?
      what do you know about Citi?
      why are you in your current job?
      Rate your technical skills against your client skills?
      Where do yo want to be / see yourself in 5 years?
      give detailed examples of working under pressure
      What can you contribute?   Answer Question

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

I was Head hunted and was asked to come in for a an interview. The interview was made up of two men, one my now manager. It started off pretty professional but turned into more of a chat in the end.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you changed environments and made a positive impact?   Answer Question

Technology Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

First day Aptitude test
    If you pass that you have 2 one-on-one interviews and then a group exercise
    Not too hard. Both interviews lasted 30 mins each. Basically about your cv and yourself

Foreign Exchange Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very positive experience, was interviewed by two people and didn't have a very difficult assessment day. They were on my side and helped to focus on my key skills and how these could be applied to job.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you're previous experience can assist in this role?   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

My first interview after the phone interview was in the Citi headquarters in Belfast. When I first arrived ten minutes early, I gave my details to the receptionist and was directed to the waiting area. At the agreed time, the interviewer turned up and after a brief greeting I was led to small glass cubicle where the interview was conducted. The interview covered fairly typical topics, why did I want to work for Citi, what skills could I bring to the role etc. There was some more unconventional questions in there which did trip me up slightly. For the sake of anonymity however, I won't discuss what those were. Suffice to say that learning answers by rote will likely not be enough to get you through. My second interview involved a group exercise and this could be challenging depending on your personality. For me, I feel lucky to have been seated beside some fellow interviewees who were very friendly and not at all out for blood. As a group, we had half an hour to decide between several prospective banking projects based on their relative merits. In the end, this proved too much within the time limit and only two of the projects were discussed in any kind of detail. It would be a good idea to keep in mind one or two definite roles for this exercise, such as time keeper or group note taker. If no-one else looks likely to take up either of these roles, fill it yourself. The qualities Citi appeared to look for here were taking initiative, friendliness and imagination.
    The final interview was technical in nature and involved an assignment with their in-house database software, KDB. I was required to learn and do some simple tasks within the two weeks from second to final interview. The task itself was very simple, although it is possible (and perhaps advisable) to go beyond what the task actually asks for. Because I went further than required in the assignment, the technical interview turned out to be quite easy. The main idea of the interview was explaining why I made the choices I did during the assignment. Some questions were asked that I would not have known if I had not taken the time to understand the technology beyond what the task asked for. Take away lesson: don't take shortcuts on the assignment!
    On the whole, the interviewers were professional and friendly. The offices too were extremely clean and modern. I struggle to find a bad thing to say about the company based on what I have seen so far. I would however suggest that if you are about to do the phone interview, you do NOT give them a figure, or even a range. This is a mistake I made and which I now regret.

Interview Questions

• Can you discuss a time that you have been working in a group and had problems relating to teamwork?   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I spoke with Citi at a job fair at my university. I then did an online logical test along with my application for the job. Once I was successful at that stage I went on to do an assessment day at Citi in belfast. the assessment day as really relaxed. First we did a group question, then went on to each do a competency based interview and a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of the object oriented programming languages you know   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

Consisted of two phone interviews with direct manager then EMEA region head. Discussed knowledge of investment products, previous experience at other investment banks, project management experience and other skills. Was basically a run down of my cv and "tell me more". Asked to describe a time when I had to produce analysis / MI and present it to a senior audience,

Interview Questions

• asked about a time I had to deal with a difficult work situation or conflict.   Answer Question