Citi Interview Questions in Belfast, Northern Ireland | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

3.1

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

I was Head hunted and was asked to come in for a an interview. The interview was made up of two men, one my now manager. It started off pretty professional but turned into more of a chat in the end.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you changed environments and made a positive impact?   Answer Question

Technology Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

First day Aptitude test
    If you pass that you have 2 one-on-one interviews and then a group exercise
    Not too hard. Both interviews lasted 30 mins each. Basically about your cv and yourself

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

My first interview after the phone interview was in the Citi headquarters in Belfast. When I first arrived ten minutes early, I gave my details to the receptionist and was directed to the waiting area. At the agreed time, the interviewer turned up and after a brief greeting I was led to small glass cubicle where the interview was conducted. The interview covered fairly typical topics, why did I want to work for Citi, what skills could I bring to the role etc. There was some more unconventional questions in there which did trip me up slightly. For the sake of anonymity however, I won't discuss what those were. Suffice to say that learning answers by rote will likely not be enough to get you through. My second interview involved a group exercise and this could be challenging depending on your personality. For me, I feel lucky to have been seated beside some fellow interviewees who were very friendly and not at all out for blood. As a group, we had half an hour to decide between several prospective banking projects based on their relative merits. In the end, this proved too much within the time limit and only two of the projects were discussed in any kind of detail. It would be a good idea to keep in mind one or two definite roles for this exercise, such as time keeper or group note taker. If no-one else looks likely to take up either of these roles, fill it yourself. The qualities Citi appeared to look for here were taking initiative, friendliness and imagination.
    The final interview was technical in nature and involved an assignment with their in-house database software, KDB. I was required to learn and do some simple tasks within the two weeks from second to final interview. The task itself was very simple, although it is possible (and perhaps advisable) to go beyond what the task actually asks for. Because I went further than required in the assignment, the technical interview turned out to be quite easy. The main idea of the interview was explaining why I made the choices I did during the assignment. Some questions were asked that I would not have known if I had not taken the time to understand the technology beyond what the task asked for. Take away lesson: don't take shortcuts on the assignment!
    On the whole, the interviewers were professional and friendly. The offices too were extremely clean and modern. I struggle to find a bad thing to say about the company based on what I have seen so far. I would however suggest that if you are about to do the phone interview, you do NOT give them a figure, or even a range. This is a mistake I made and which I now regret.

Interview Questions

• Can you discuss a time that you have been working in a group and had problems relating to teamwork?   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I spoke with Citi at a job fair at my university. I then did an online logical test along with my application for the job. Once I was successful at that stage I went on to do an assessment day at Citi in belfast. the assessment day as really relaxed. First we did a group question, then went on to each do a competency based interview and a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of the object oriented programming languages you know   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

Consisted of two phone interviews with direct manager then EMEA region head. Discussed knowledge of investment products, previous experience at other investment banks, project management experience and other skills. Was basically a run down of my cv and "tell me more". Asked to describe a time when I had to produce analysis / MI and present it to a senior audience,

Interview Questions

• asked about a time I had to deal with a difficult work situation or conflict.   Answer Question

Technology Graduate Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Technical / Competency interview along with online test and group challenge. Two different interviewers which were extremely rude and had the attitude of they could not wait to be done (they turned out to be the two people actually running the academy). One even went to the extreme of checking their phone four times.

Interview questions in no way were related to a programming role etc this is likely due to them accepting grads from other programs which are not technical! Questions mostly based on CV and past experience which is not a representation of how someone will preform at all.

Overall a very poor standard with a job which didn't even guarantee you would become a full-time employee, as you had to first pass their training! Useless if you want to go straight into development.

Spring Insight Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

This was a very simple interview process which consisted of submitting a cv and cover letter, followed by a 15 minute telephone interview. Questions were mainly very competency based with some more technical questions on Citi and the division.

Risk Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was too slow with hardly no communication nor feedback from recruiter. I got no help from the resourcing team and had no direct permanent HR contact.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Two Stage Process -

First face to face interview with two developers. This included a series of technical questions based on skills listed on CV, questions on past situational experience and whiteboards.

Second was phone interview with a developer based in the USA. More technical questions and questions on SDLC

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Simple CV upload, assessment centre which included a competency interview, a group task, and 2 numerical tests. Very straight forward process it took in the region of 3 hours to complete everything.

Interview Questions

• When have you handled a difficult task how did you overcome it. What is your greatest achievement and why have you applied to Citi.How can you work under pressure provide us with a recent example. What sort or p;person are you and what are your hobbies, do they match the citi profile.   Answer Question