Citi Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2014.

Interview

More of a discussion of my experience to date and my suitability for the role. Focuses mainly on operational controls, experience with learning new technology, project management skills.
There was also an opportunity at the end to ask questions. If you come prepared you wont find the interviews too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to push back on timelines or a particular solution?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Florence, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

had both my bosses do an interview using the STAR method. It went great got the job. It was nice since I had worked with both of them in other projects so they already had an idea how hard I work.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Pune (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was for business analyst: 4 Rounds of discussion

First round was done by another business analyst and discussion was related to financial domain. terms and terminologies that are used in banking and capital market sphere.

Second round was related to process. Person managing the project wanted to know if I was aware of different type of documents that a business analyst is supposed to make. He wanted to be sure if I had experience of client interaction, stakeholder management and project management.

Third round was to determine if I had a right attitude for that job. They simply talked about seemingly random stuff and explained what are the benefits of joining the organization.

Forth round was sort of independent evaluation from some higher ups that who was no way related to the project, I was suppose to join.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Baltimore, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. First I spoke with a recruiter, the recruiter forwarded the information to the management team and eventually I was interviewed. The interview was by telephone, and very short probably only half an hour. The tone was very casual and relaxed, the questions were formulaic.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

One phone interview for initial screening, then an in-person interview with a senior member of the team in which you will be working. The phone interview was roughly 30 minutes and just some questions about work history or qualifications. The in-person 1:1 interview was more about why I wanted this particular role and what i had to offer the team in terms of skills/experiences.

Interview Questions

• What about technology makes you want to work in this particular space   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very short - i asked for a low salary and got it

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

the interview process at Citi is pretty Straigthforward and simple ... Not a lot of complicated questions. and the management is open minded and willing to listen. If you end up being the best candidate for the position, they will follow through very quickly .. but the onboarding process could be a bit lengthier.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant. One on One interview I was referred to the position so there was a different process. We talked about sports and sales. He explained the position and the expectations .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful situation you had to overcome   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy negotiation the pay was what I expected

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi in August 2015.

Interview

There was a brief intro session to check communication . then there was an interview with technical questions about sas SQL. There was only 2 rounds of interviews and I did not get a callback.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing firm for the role, and then I was set up for an interview at Citi two weeks later. The first interview was with three people from the department.
    The second interview was with the CTO and it became more informal than formal soon into it. I was called with the offer the same afternoon.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to compose an email on paper based on the information given and what was the most important thing to take from the email.
      I was also asked how to copy + paste.
      I was asked my familiarity with Powerpoint, Excel and Sharepoint, which I showed examples.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

very long process - had to meet with 6-7 people and then they lost the job requisition. Recruiter had to connect me with another hiring manager and I had to do additional interviews. questions were not very tough though

Interview Questions

• how many ping pong balls can you fit in the airplane   1 Answer