Citi Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.9

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

FSG Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed on campus. There were two interviewers, one more junior and one more senior. They mostly asked me to elaborate experiences on my resume, with done brain teasers in the end.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The manager is nice. Ask easy question and most time they just try understand you personality is it fit this job. They give every one a goal to match in every week.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

4 rounds of phone interviews and in office tour meeting with the senior bankers. Talk about your deal experience and why you want to be in Chicago versus New York

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Started with an on-campus interview with mostly behavioral/fit questions but some technical questions. On-campus interview mostly focused on technicals but still some fit questions. Ate lunch with analysts to get to know them and for them to get to know what you're like.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college and received an interview with a second-year associate. I received a mix of market knowledge questions and behavioral questions. The questions were the typical bulge bracket quick fire ones. Have two stocks ready to pitch and know EVERYTHING (check the price that they are trading at before you walk in the room). Have reasons for choosing S&T and not IB or consulting. Be prepared for the holy super day.

Interview Questions

• Who is the CEO?   1 Answer
    • Why sales and trading?   1 Answer
    • What would happen if a client called you saying we purchased the wrong bonds for them?   1 Answer

Retail Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Elk Grove Village, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Two weeks after I applied online for a position I was emailed by HR to set up a phone screen. After talking with the (very nice) HR rep, I was told the salary which was less than I was making. I appreciated being told this info up front as to not waste anyone's time. I was really interested in the company so I decided to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager in case there was flexibility with the salary. The hiring manager never called at our confirmed time so I decided not to pursue that role any longer.

The next week another HR person contacted me about a similar role with a higher salary and we set up a time to talk for about 20 min (walking through resume). She then asked if I was available to come in over 2 weeks later for an in-person interview. The week of the interview I still hadn't gotten any info on when and where the interview would take place. I followed up a few times and was finally sent an interview itinerary 2 days before I was to come in. Luckily I was already off this day so I didn't need to worry about time, but I found the process to be very scattered. The itinerary had me there for 2 hours, with two sets of panel interviews with 3 people in each session.

The panel interviews were average. Only 2 people showed up in both instead of 3. The first set had the actual hiring manager and he was very engaged. I was asked to walk through my resume and some scenario questions - overall went well. The second part was very awkward. Neither interviewer seemed to have any specific questions or very much practice in interviewing. I ended up leading most of the time.

I sent an email to thank the HR rep who set everything up and asked what the next steps were. She then told me they were interviewing internal candidates the following week, so I should hear something in about 2 weeks. Two weeks went by so I sent a follow up email with no response. I decided to send another final email a week later as one last attempt and was then told I wasn't going to be getting an offer.

Overall most people were very nice but for such a large company, I expected a more regimented process.

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I interviewed at Citi (Elk Grove Village, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with several individuals. It wasn't too difficult. More of a personality check than anything else. No technical questions were asked even though it was for a technical position. Overall it went very well and I believe they asked all the right questions for the position - with the exception to not asking anything technical.

Interview Questions

• Pulled out some data and had me do some analysis on the spot.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen with VP at the local office followed by an onsite interview with three people - 30 minutes each back-to-back. The phone screen was interesting, the interviewer was very aggressive in his explanation of the company - gave a good look into culture - seems like one of domination. The onsite interviews were not hard and went through fast. The HR, however, was unprofessional and did not follow up within the promised deadline.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

asking about sales experience and customer service.asking about sales experience and customer service.asking about sales experience and customer service. asking about sales experience and customer service. you will need to come up with a good story

Interview Questions

• asking about sales experience and customer service. asking about sales experience and customer service.asking about sales experience and customer service.   1 Answer