Citi Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.4

63 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Johnson City, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

When i walked through the doors i was nervous, but the security guy at the front desk was nice and polite. My interview was scheduled for 11am and I got there at about 10:40am and waited for about 25-30 minutes. I was advised the interview process would take about an hour, i was very properly prepared.

Interview Questions

• What would i do in a situation where the member has not paid for there card in a moth or so and they are very behind on there bill, and it was the day i had to call them. How would i handle the situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Efficient, thorough, perfect length of time, the interviewer was honest and upfront, questions that were asked pertained to the job, questions that i had were answered, I enjoyed the interviewer and the interview process. The initial phone interview was not too time consuming.

Interview Questions

• How many years of customer service experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gray, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Gray, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a telephone interview and a personal interview. Was told I would be contacted with a hire date. Gave them 2 weeks and I contacted them and was told the training class was full and would be notified in several months for the next class!

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

My phone interview is today. Any suggestions? I am quite nervous and need any recommendations before noon. Getting this job eod make all the difference.. Right now I am at a dead end job working horrible hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Citi (Florence, KY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on Friday morning and got an invitation to do a phone interview that evening. Scheduled the phone interview for Monday and that was about 10-15 min...but they were 30 min late. Anywho, that went well and I was scheduled for an interview today. Lasted about 2 hours and after they had me meet with HR who formally offered me the job contingent on a good background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a quick decision that might not have been best...how did you fix the issue and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

First you do the online assessments, then you receive an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview asked a couple questions, tell me a time when you.., and described the position and invited me for a 1:1 interview. The phone interview took 15 minutes maybe 10. Had phone interview on a friday (17th), had my 1:1 the NEXT monday (27th), so a little over a week later. My interviewer was very nice and friendly, made it easy to talk and not be choked up. We had a few sidebar conversations, it was nice not having a robot there interviewing me lol. Explained the position, the hours for training, and that the schedules are pretty flexible. I received an email saying the interview was a success the next day, did some online questions, make sure resume is up to date, and if I've recently been convicted of any crimes, etc. the email said I should hear back in 5-8 business days after completing the forms and questions, with my offer. I interviewed in Jacksonville, FL for the customer service "cobrands" position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with an irate customer; how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to go out of your way to help a customer with a complicated problem. What did you do, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about goals and metrics you've had to reach/meet at your current/past positions. Did you meet them?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when something in your job changed, and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • What skills do you have that you believe would help you in this position?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied online. Two days later I got an email asking me to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled it for the following week. It took ten minutes, and they asked me about my customer service experience and my previous jobs and education, and told me a little more about the position. They went ahead and scheduled an in-person interview to take place six days later. The interview consisted of several behavioral questions (tell me about a time when...). Almost all of them have been listed by previous interview reviews on this site, so if you prepare based on the questions that people have listed here, you'll be in great shape.Three days after my in-person interview, I got an offer, which I accepted. Overall, it was a quick and painless process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision with tight time constraints.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Tucson, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a same day callback and had an interview scheduled the next day. Went in and interviewed and they called with a job offer before I even got back home.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

when I finally got an interview after applying several times this older unfriendly manager looked like he was going to keel over and die. he looked tired and had no interest in me.

Interview Questions

• Not too many questions, he just explained to job role.   1 Answer