Citi Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

2.8

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Global Information Security Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was a little different than your traditional "behavior" questions. We were given an hour to go over a packet that stated problems that a fictional company was having. You are given an hour to come up with a solution. You are given 2 30 minute interviews and the third interview you present the solution you came up with.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Citi had come to our on-campus job fair and I was interviewed a bit over there about my resume and other projects. I was then called on-site at the Irving, Dallas office for in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• 3 interviews of 30 mins each:

First interview: (2 people- 1 worked on Android other on Angular)

1. Tell me about yourself.
          2. What is your strengths technically?
          3. Do you know how classes get loaded onto servers? What is the precedence?
          4. What did you do in your summer internship? Explain in detail.
          5. JavaScript- call back, some other term starting 'c'
          6. Virtual dom, difference.., why is virtual dom imp? What were the difficulties earlier that they felt the necessity to build that?
          7. What is something in your career that outshines everything else? The highlight/accomplishment?
          8. Some other smaller questions

Second interview: (1 person- tech lead, working on credit card application)

1. Tell me about yourself.
          2. So you worked in Java, tell me something about Java.
          3. What is oop?
          4. What is rest API?
          5. What's stateless property of it? Advantage?
          6. Asked about reactjs..tell me about reactjs..
          7. Angular v/s React
          8. Asked about roles I was interested in; backend/front end?
          9. If your boss gives you too little/ too much work for a given time, how will you handle each situation? What will you do?
          10. If at work, you aren't able to do a particular task given to you, what will you do?
          11. Tell me about Spring (mvc).
          12. Some other questions..

Third interview: (1 person- tech lead, working on credit card applications)

1. Tell me about yourself.
          2. Saw that I'd taken courses like AI, NLP, ML so asked me to explain about neural nets in 2 mins on white board.
          3. Applications of ANN in real life; banking.
          4. Application of NLP in banking.
          5. Asked preference about front end/ backend role.
          6. So you've worked with Java, what chapter from a Java book can you teach someone?
          7. Teach me that topic in 5 mins.
          8. How would you design/ code a cross&nuts game(xo) as a Java application, show on white board.
          9. Difference between Arraylist and Linkedlist?
          10. How are Arraylists implemented in Java?(memory allocation that happens when an Arraylist is declared). How do they suddenly become dynamic, what exactly goes on behind the scenes in Java?
          11. Types of access modifiers? Difference between them.

Asked to another candidate:
      Given a huge array of different numbers, how would you find a duplicate number in the array?   Answer Question

Technology Infrastructure Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

1. 60 min interview with two employees on-campus. Basic behavioral interview.
    2. Invited for Superday in Irving office. 1 Team Case preparation and presentation, then 2 behavioral interviews. Looking obviously for technical experience.

Financial Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Citi HR was very helpful at first then basically quit responding to phone calls or emails after essentially telling me I was to expect an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Interview was fairly easy. Nothing out of the ordinary as far as questions go.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

First of all the person that was conducting my first interview was 10 minutes late (Disrespectful). This person then said follow me we are going upstairs, walking very fast may I add. Not once did this person review my resume. Actually my resume was used for scratch paper (unprofessional). It was obvious this person was wearing a new suit. You ask how do I know? The tacks were still on the suit.

Interview Questions

• What are the three stages of money laundering?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was really short in my case, supposedly because I was a local candidate with work experience. Had a 45mins phone conversation with the Manager. The conversation was mostly behavioral

The manager discussed about what his team was doing and then proceeded to ask my experience and projects I worked on. The interview went really well.

At this point I was expecting an Onsite interview but behold, in two days I get an email for the on-boarding process. It was unbelievable and unexpected. I submitted all the documents they needed and was told that they are working on getting approvals and all for my offer and would take a week or so. I was quite excited at this point.

Two weeks in and finally a response comes in. I was told that they won't be offering me as they are looking for more experienced candidate. I was shocked and speechless at this. Never have I seen such an interview where you are told an offer is on its way only to be rejected later with an absurd reason which could have been communicated even before the interview process has begun.

I learnt my lesson that day - Never trust anyone until the offer is in hand.

Infrastructure IT Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The manager informed me that he has been looking for someone to fill the position for over a year which makes a lot of sense to me. I do not believe that there is a problem finding someone in the US to complete the task since he already planned on offering to someone that he can assist on getting their work permit. So he has to discredit and disqualify everyone to proof his point that there is no qualified candidate in the US expect outside the country. The questions has nothing to do with my experience or the job requirement posted. It was all architectural and system configuration settings.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

A non Citi recruiter reached out to me to start the process. I interviewed with them and was passed to two Citi recruiters who then set up on site interviews.

At the on site interview, you will normally go through three rounds of interviews in about three hours. In my case I went through two, due to time constraints.

The interviews are are not planned in the best method but it lets Citi do a massive hire at one time.

In my case I had two more interviews. The one thing I was asked was do I want to manage people or be an individual contributor. I was fine either way and stated as much.

The final interview was actually by my hiring/current manager.

The recruiters were very nice through the whole process. Of course the non Citi recruiter, does have a vested interest in this since they are paid if you are hired.

Overall the process took about a month from recruiter to signing the offer.

Do your research, know your worth before you submit your salary. Also they are weird about when you ask how much bonus percentage will be.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you needed buy in from multiple stakeholders m, and one of them needed to be convinced that what your were working on is worthwhile.   Answer Question
    • Do you know mobile wallet?   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an on campus interview, which was mostly behavioral and some technical. Then I had a superday about a month later. Three 30 minute interviews, one of them was technical but not too bad. Then a group case study which ended with a presentation I received my offer two days after the superday!

Interview Questions

• What role do you play in teams?
      Tell me about your resume.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

It was an overall straightforward interview with no difficult technical questions. I think it was fair and tested my knowledge of the financial industry. Dress nice, polish up the resume, you'll be fine.