Citi Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.9

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Five months ago, one of COOs at Citi Long Island City emailed me with the financial analyst position available. He called me firstly to ask some basic questions on my resume and two days later, he invited me to his office for the second round interview. It is not difficult because COO is not good at interviewing people. But I didn't get the offer due to their expense pressure.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Employee referred. A phone interview with HR. Then HR scheduled interview with in office interview with VP. A week later two interviews with SVP. No option to choose if I waiting for offer. Just finish interview today, if given the offer, would assume to be the next day or the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions. One situation where you were under pressure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online for different position. The recruiter contacted me for the positions as financial analyst. I had an interview in the same week. The interview was fine, simple and relax. No pressure. The negative point is that they gave you the feeling of being the good fit and they declined you. Citi need to be honest or don't show anything.

Interview Questions

• Questions about work and education background. Questions about work situations as financial analyst. Asked questions about computer skills and knowledge of others languages.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

A compilation of what I've observed, including my own experience:

Submit your resume online into the "black hole". HR screens qualified applicants with a telephone interview. A hiring manager can request HR to "find" your resume, so it's worth networking if you know someone on the inside and really want the job. Two interviews, usually 2 interviewers each, usually 30 minutes each, often back-to-back, but can be separated by a week or so. Dress professionally and mind your P's and Q's. My Interview was very general. They asked about my background. Very few technical questions, if any. I honestly don't recall any, so there probably weren't any. Do not be afraid to ask for clarification on a question. Be Positive. Cross your fingers and wait for an offer.

Interview Questions

• I got a totally off the wall one; If you could be any type of animal other than a human, what would you be, and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little to negotiate. Benefits are usually inflexible. You can get a bit more in annual pay, but usually not much. Its a pretty standard package.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The entire process took a few months. There was an initial first round in-person interview and one super-day at HQ that included 3 back-to-back interviews with various VP and director-level employees from the division.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus interview and a superday which included 6 1-on-1 interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Questions were mostly geared towards understanding your personality traits. No technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why is good communication important?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview was informative but difficult. Questions were quantative and technical. Follow-up call informative, person told me my strengths and weaknesses in the interview. Accepted the offer via e-mail in the following week. Everyone extremely kind and welcoming

Interview Questions

• Where does most of the bank's revenue come from?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Was interviewed on campus 2:1. They asked relatively simple questions regarding why I wanted to work there and what I knew about the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

I went for the first round of interviews at Citigroup. It was mostly about my resume, strengths, weaknesses, describe challenging situation at work, how did you handle it. They asked me to give a lot of examples form my previous work and graduate school.