Citi Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Mumbai (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

there were 4 rounds of interview in one day.2 technical and 2 HR (1 on the same day face to face and other on phone). Happy with process. Got selected.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Citi in September 2008.

Interview

some panel interviews and phone interviews with people intend to work with

Interview Questions

Negotiation

given some opportunity to negotiate; little insight into actual work

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview was informative but difficult. Questions were quantative and technical. Follow-up call informative, person told me my strengths and weaknesses in the interview. Accepted the offer via e-mail in the following week. Everyone extremely kind and welcoming

Interview Questions

• Where does most of the bank's revenue come from?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The entire process took a few months. There was an initial first round in-person interview and one super-day at HQ that included 3 back-to-back interviews with various VP and director-level employees from the division.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2015.

Interview

it's a phone interview, It's mainly ask something about my resume. Candidates should be very familiar with their own resume. He insisted using English to interview me. And he actually asked the project I did and asked why I didn't continue doing which is not make sense since I already leave there. As I guess, he might be a HR instead of a analyst

Interview Questions

• Describe something that you have difficulty and how you handle it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by a junior associate and someone more senior (I think a senior associate) for the markets division. Overall, they were very friendly and approachable, not at all intimidating. I was also offered coffee or tea, which was quite nice of them.

With a mathematical background, I was mostly asked behavioural and markets questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent financial news article you have read?
      What was one example of a problem you have encountered and how did you over come it?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Employee referred. A phone interview with HR. Then HR scheduled interview with in office interview with VP. A week later two interviews with SVP. No option to choose if I waiting for offer. Just finish interview today, if given the offer, would assume to be the next day or the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions. One situation where you were under pressure.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Went through a recruiter. Had 1st interview with hiring manager. Very informal, asked on the spot if I would come back for 2nd interview. Met head of the dept next time. Informal chat. No compentancy based questions.

Interview Questions

• All pretty straight forward, none caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ok, since I went through a recruiter

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goregaon (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Goregaon (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

I was shortlisted through a placement agency. The Interviewer took a Stress Interview. He poker faced asked all questions. No technical questions as such. Although he was quite perturbed about my location and travelling time, since I stay quite far from the office location.

Interview Questions

• How long are you willing to wait for the correct job opportunity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Questions were mostly geared towards understanding your personality traits. No technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why is good communication important?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.