Citi Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus interview and a superday which included 6 1-on-1 interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi in February 2008.

Interview

I walked in the store to inquire about Job opportunities. I applied on line and after two weeks i got a call and i was interviewed over the phone. It was then followed by face to face interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

A compilation of what I've observed, including my own experience:

Submit your resume online into the "black hole". HR screens qualified applicants with a telephone interview. A hiring manager can request HR to "find" your resume, so it's worth networking if you know someone on the inside and really want the job. Two interviews, usually 2 interviewers each, usually 30 minutes each, often back-to-back, but can be separated by a week or so. Dress professionally and mind your P's and Q's. My Interview was very general. They asked about my background. Very few technical questions, if any. I honestly don't recall any, so there probably weren't any. Do not be afraid to ask for clarification on a question. Be Positive. Cross your fingers and wait for an offer.

Interview Questions

• I got a totally off the wall one; If you could be any type of animal other than a human, what would you be, and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little to negotiate. Benefits are usually inflexible. You can get a bit more in annual pay, but usually not much. Its a pretty standard package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online for different position. The recruiter contacted me for the positions as financial analyst. I had an interview in the same week. The interview was fine, simple and relax. No pressure. The negative point is that they gave you the feeling of being the good fit and they declined you. Citi need to be honest or don't show anything.

Interview Questions

• Questions about work and education background. Questions about work situations as financial analyst. Asked questions about computer skills and knowledge of others languages.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Long Island City, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Five months ago, one of COOs at Citi Long Island City emailed me with the financial analyst position available. He called me firstly to ask some basic questions on my resume and two days later, he invited me to his office for the second round interview. It is not difficult because COO is not good at interviewing people. But I didn't get the offer due to their expense pressure.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2010.

Interview

In late September, I got notified of the first round phone interviews with Citi Hong Kong. Had nice conversations with an asso and an analyst from Hong Kong as well as an analyst from Singapore. The phone interviews was heavily focused on technical questions: personal view of Chines Real Estate market, basic knowledge of Finance and some case questions. The final round was held in NYC, one with a VP from HK and the other with a Director from Singapore. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about the current Chinese Real Estate market?   Answer Question
    • Did you like that internship? (A shitty internship)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Was interviewed on campus 2:1. They asked relatively simple questions regarding why I wanted to work there and what I knew about the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

I went for the first round of interviews at Citigroup. It was mostly about my resume, strengths, weaknesses, describe challenging situation at work, how did you handle it. They asked me to give a lot of examples form my previous work and graduate school.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Questions were mostly geared towards understanding your personality traits. No technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why is good communication important?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goregaon (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Goregaon (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

I was shortlisted through a placement agency. The Interviewer took a Stress Interview. He poker faced asked all questions. No technical questions as such. Although he was quite perturbed about my location and travelling time, since I stay quite far from the office location.

Interview Questions

• How long are you willing to wait for the correct job opportunity?   Answer Question