Citi Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

3 first round telephone interviews in addition to a superday interview that takes the form of assessment center - basically 5 back to back 1 on 1 interviews and 1 case study session that takes about 2 hours. The total time is about 5 hours. Many other interviewees come at similar times for the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Several steps :
    1) CV screenings
    2) Numerical Tests
    3) 1st interview
    4) 2nd interview + assessment center

Numerical tests can be easily managed by practicing a little beforehand. However, and because of the huge number of applicants, the other steps are more challenging.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10years?   Answer Question
    • What was the most challenging situation you ever faced ? What did you learn from it ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi in September 2016.

Interview

My on-campus first round interview that was by far the toughest one, lots of technical questions and my interviewer was nice but very fast paced and took no nonsense. Then a short phone interview, and then a super day at the main New York office. After my interview they called me with an offer after 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Athens, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Not really a true interview because it was just during the career fair I attended, but when I went up to a recruiter they seemed to have a list of questions they were supposed to ask and I totally blanked at all of them; my fault. I guess just know your stuff before you talk to a recruiter from them.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about leadership roles, past internships, and personal projects you've worked on.
      2. In terms of iOS, what is a delegate?
      3. What is an abstract class?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Application - online tests - assessment centre. AS included several 1:1 interviews by senior employees, a group discussion to just test communication skills and an individual presentation showing your problem solving skills in a limited amount of time. And finally a verification test of your online aptitude tests you completed during the application stage.

Interview Questions

• General competency based interview questions: teamwork, leadership, conflict, problem solving.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview

I discussed with an investment banker type what stocks I thought were good buys. We discussed my current experience studying abroad in the UK and why I was qualified for an investment type internship. This was done over the phone and was a 1st stage interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Mumbai (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

Resume screening, Telephonic interview- Questions not so difficult. No puzzles or behavior questions. Logical problems to look at candidate's approach rather than looking for correct answer. Good experience to have given the interview by Citi for the summer internship process.

Interview Questions

• Basic C language, past internship deliverables   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

It was very market based. I was asked a lot about commodities (gold, oil and natural gas) as well as about the yield curve. Make sure that you are up to date about Current events. Very little behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What is the price of Natural Gas? where was it six months ago? Where will it be in a year from now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Very intensive interview process. There were 3 rounds of interviews, one each over the phone, by a panel, and in person. Once accepted into the "intern pool", there was a final round of interviews conducted by managers of various business segments that was used to put the intern where they had the best "fit" with the company.

Interview Questions

• Given your specific undergraduate degree, define and discuss X concepts and terms.   1 Answer
    • How would you go about estimating X
      Various process-oriented questions.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Payment non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school career center and got an interview. The interview was very laid back, the guy was super cool. It turned out I did not get the offer though.

Interview Questions

• It was very informal more of a conversation then an interview. Really just got to know each other.   Answer Question