Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The whole interview process was nice and friendly. The recruiter was nice. But unfortunately I did not get the offer at the end. But it was still a good practice.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi in May 2017.

Interview

I got an email from HR and asked me if I am interested in Credit Line Management position. Then I was scheduled an interview with a manger. It was a phone screen. I though it would cover behavioral questions. But all questions are technical questions and I did not answer well.

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citi in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and actual job description did not match. Good luck finding your perfect candidate. Required a bachelor's degree, I have a graduate degree in the field and was not considered 'qualified' according to the feedback I received from the recruiter.

Roadshow Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews, I thought both went well - I emailed the recruiter right away to get email addresses to send thank you notes - never heard back.

Technology Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I only had an on-campus interview, but they interview process is just like any other on-campus interview. After talking to them at the career fair, they called me a couple days later wanting to schedule an on-campus interview. The interview consisted of behavioral questions and not many, if any, technical questions.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterville, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Waterville, ME) in April 2017.

Interview

I am a freshman in a liberal arts college and this coffee talk was held by career center in my college. All citi people (alumni) I talked to are extremely nice! They taught me many useful skills to get into citi and I built a good relationship with them. They also told me a lot about real work experience in Citi: they are all 1-year or 2-year analyst but their experienced supervisors stilll treat them as an important member in their teams and gave them a big responsibility in the team work. This coffee talk made me think that Citi is a place where young people can learn, thrive and succeed!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Johnson City, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

When i walked through the doors i was nervous, but the security guy at the front desk was nice and polite. My interview was scheduled for 11am and I got there at about 10:40am and waited for about 25-30 minutes. I was advised the interview process would take about an hour, i was very properly prepared.

Interview Questions

• What would i do in a situation where the member has not paid for there card in a moth or so and they are very behind on there bill, and it was the day i had to call them. How would i handle the situation?   1 Answer

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was 30min late.
    All behavioral questions, approachable interviewers.
    It seems hard to progress within the department. Interviewers expect the new hire to stay in this position for approximately 3 years.
    No update since the interview, a month ago.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (Hackensack, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an online assessment right after. The assessment was not that hard but you need to concentrate until the end. It was more difficult than PNC but easier than BOA. After submitting, I got a phone call from the recruiter the day after. It was very quick because the branch I applied for needed to fill a vacant position. The phone interview was very simple and smooth. Nothing complicated and the recruiter asked some questions about my resume. After about 10min long interview, he said I will be getting another phone call from the branch. I got another call from the branch and set up an appointment with the branch manager. The usual hiring process of Citi is not this fast.
    The interview with the branch manager was kinda tough. She asked several questions like how was my sales approach like in my previous work and why I chose to be a banker and other personal things. She said this position is responsible for very high goals so she was looking for a very experienced personal banker but I didn't have any banking experience before. Obviously I didn't get an offer. The recruiter and the manager thought I have a banking experience for some reason.

Interview Questions

• How was your sales approach like to your clients in your previous job?
      Why did you choose to be a personal banker?
      Describe yourself.
      Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The manager is nice. Ask easy question and most time they just try understand you personality is it fit this job. They give every one a goal to match in every week.