Citi Associate, Investment Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Associate, Investment Banking Interview Questions

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

It was great, the people were really nice and the culture was great. The team they have is awesome and the offices are nice. They had really great snacks and the office was on the 39th floor. I got a sweet hat at the end

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Interview

Sent in my CV through a friend, received a call for 10min, got invited to a superday, interviewed with 4 senior bankers, received an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Let's not focus on your CV. Tell me how you spend your free time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

on campus. pretty formal process. takes about 4 months. Need to prepare fully for technical interview and "why banking". Real benefit to network with bankers ahead of time to have a familiar face in the room.

Interview Questions

• how would you value company x?   1 Answer

Associate, Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I met with a number of people at Citi over the course of one day and felt that the process was rather unprofessional. There was no feedback from the interview and the questions that were asked by the interviewers implied a lack of understanding about the markets in which they operate. I would avoid.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the changing landscape of investment banking compared with a number of years ago?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

- Screening hundreds of resumes
    - Interview in 20 daily batches
    - Invite outstandingg people for a final round
    - Send offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not a lot, the offer is Street standard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Definitely very technical. before to brush up on all of your accounting and financial knowledge. understand what's going on in the markets and be ready to answer what you strengths and weaknesses are. Not the nicest people in the world. my person seemed very tired, but it might have been because of all the interviews.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

First round passed, second round failed. Second round 1:1 interviews with three senior managers. I failed the second one due to lack of technical expertise on corporate finance. Key ingredients to success: Self-confidence, flexiblity, B plan

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2011.

Interview

I submitted a resume to their HK investment banking office on December, 2011. Then 3 round phone interviews, then I was reached out by two people in a industry group. The final round (superday) was in January, I met three people with 30min for each.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need to negotiate.