Citi Credit & Portfolio Analyst II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Credit & Portfolio Analyst II Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. They went over relevant experience with my previous internships and asked what exactly I had done at them. Pretty basic stuff and it was more of an introduction to the job more than anything.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Hagerstown, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly but not very informative. The entire interview gave me the impression that the position was primarily online chat and paper pushing. I was told I'd only be on the phone 20% of the time. Wrong. I was on the phone 100% of the time.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions that in order to answer accurately, the response would need to be lengthy. Of course that's my personal opinion. The interviewer requested short answers since they had write all responses. Typical interview questions such as experience, how you would handle difficult situations, what would you do in this scenario type questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

after 30 min phone interview and prescreen with HR. 6 SVP 1:1. Spend a whole day. Mostly behavioral. Need to have skills in data, especially SAS programming skills and a quantitative degree from a good University.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 2 panel style interviews on the same day. The whole process very straight forward, everyone was very friendly. No questions were too technical, as they mostly asked about background and why I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions. Nothing too technical, mostly about prior experience.   Answer Question

Credit & Portfolio Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an initial phone interview, just preliminary questions and general inquiries on my background and interests. Then a first round interview with four of the team leaders within the GIRM group--they were split up into two groups and I spent about 30 mins with each pair. Then after that was asked to come back and interview with a more senior analyst from New York. Made sure to curtail my conversation to areas that focused on credit analysis such as EBITDA, EBITDA multiples and margins, FCF, collateral, etc.

Interview Questions

• Most of your experience and interest seems to be on the equity side, what makes you want to be in credit/debt?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation regarding salary

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

I had applied on Career Builder online. They called me in for an interview about 3 weeks later. Initially, I had an interview with one supervisor. This interview was more of an informal introduction. I was given the overview of what was expected of me and I was compared to the job specifications based on what I had offered on my resume. I was called in for a second interview with 2 different supervisors. The questions became more specific and required expertise and proven experience to answer correctly. I was very nervous leaving that interview, as it was very intense and I could tell that they were dissecting me and chewing on every ounce of what I said. I was very pleased to learn that they were adding another team to their auto loan division. I was soon to become a member of a new team, whereas we were all new and I wouldn't feel inferior or alone in my training. I had one more interview with my future supervisor, department head, and the two directors. They welcomed me to the team and I couldn't have been more pleased walking out of that building!

Interview Questions

• I was given a scenario and I had to explain the steps to diffuse a situation. If I had not been an analyst before, there would have been no way out of it. Thankfully, I had experience and passed with flying colors.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I countered and they declined. I had no choice but to take what they offered.

Credit & Portfolio Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Mumbai (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

Two rounds of technical interviews where you are quizzed on your grasp of financial statement analysis, macro economic theories and other projects you may have undertaken academically or professionally.

Interview Questions

• VaR, bond pricing, current economic trends in India, my personal forecast for the Indian economy   Answer Question