Citi Sales & Trading Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Sales & Trading Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Standard First-Round on campus Interview. One on one with VP, decently nice guy but was condescending when my answers did not meet his expectations. Invited back 2 of 16 interviewed to super day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I apply the S&T position in Hong Kong. And it's first round phone interview. Simple behavior question. Nothing special. Like Why this city? What's your background? No technical question. And everything is just straight forward. But I don't receive the next round interview. So I guess I didn't answer well during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Had an on campus Interview. About a week later had a superday in new york city. On campus was far more demanding with technicals. superday was 4 interviews in 2 hours. 1 case interview, 2 behavioral interviews, and 1 technicals interview. Case interview I found the hardest, but most people find that the easiest. To be honest, if you google "Sales and Trading Interview Questions" that's going to cover about 90% of the things asked of you. It's a very standard S&T Interview.

Interview Questions

• 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses. EVERYTHING about the markets. We talked about the Fed, BOJ, SP500 expectations, Brexit, etc. All the markets questions are covered in Bloomberg/WSJ. Draw on paper the payoff of a call option. I didn't get any brainteasers but that's unusual.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on campus and then a few days later I received a call inviting me to superday where I was given a case study then interviewed with 5 different people.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you $10 million right now, what would you do with it?   1 Answer

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Behavior, Phone interview, 20 minutes with HR. HR is very nice and he would ask you the resume questions about you. I received 1st interview after 1 week. Good luck for me!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview. It was very calm and the person who interviewed me was quite nice. She asked me the common questions such as "walk me through your resume", "why Citi" and "why s&t". Definitely be prepared for some math questions. It didn't happen to me but I know of people who have been asked probability questions.

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi in September 2015.

Interview

As for the first time interview, I expect there should be some behavioral questions, but unfortunately, there's not even one. They asked me about my internship briefly and then whether I follow the market or not. Also there are some specific technical questions like the upward or downward sloping of a bond yield curve.

Interview Questions

• What's your opinion about the US federal funds rate remain low?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

One screen Interview and then a superday in which they fly you out to New York City. The superday consists of 4 30min interviews in which they ask you mostly market questions. Not that many behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What's the price of copper? What's going on with the yen?   1 Answer

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

30-Minute Phone Interview: The interviewer went over my resume and CV. She did not ask any technical questions but asked several soft skill questions to get to know my personality.

SuperDay: I had 2 S&T interviews, each 20 minutes long. Both interviewers went over my resume and asked several market questions and brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• What is the square root of 250 - although this is simple math, the interview environments makes this a much more difficult question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

relatively fast, superday was five rounds of one on one; first round was through college on campus recruitment; most of the interviewers on campus were associates; most of the interviewers at superday were MDs and VPs