Citi Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.4

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting at a target school. First round on campus. Really straightforward and casual. Got invited to the superday two days later which was the following week.

Superday was competitive - every kid I met was from a target school too. Had to complete a markets specific case and present it in one of the interviews. Then 3 more interviews all with MDs, all pretty technical. One was a stress interview. Got the offer a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied in Octover via campus website, first round on campus interview towards the end of October. First round was very "fit" based along with a few questions on the current markets, the Fed, etc. and a stock pitch. they mainly wanted to see if you are really interested.
    Super Day in December was 4 30 minute interviews, each with a theme. Not too many technical questions--they want to see how you react and if you can express yourself effectively.

Interview Questions

• Quickly tell me what has happened in the global markets in the past year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Had phone interview on a Thursday, the following Monday I was informed I made it to the final round which was that Thursday. I got the offer 30 minutes after I left the building. For the final round; we were given a case study, one of our 4 interviews was presenting the case study. One interview was behavioral, and two were market based/technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your view on the markets thus far in 2016?
      What do you think oil will be trading at by the end of the year?
      Pitch a stock   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, followed by a Superday at the NYC office which consisted of one case interview and 3 other one-on-one interviews.
    Phone interviews are easier, asked mostly general fit/resume based questions. Superday interviews were tougher. One seemed to be a stress interview. One was a markets based interview and another was a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales and Trading?
      Why Citi?
      Who is the CEO of Citi?
      What's happening in the markets in Japan, Australia, Brazil, Europe, China?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I went through the Women Program at Citi where they assigned me two mentors to guide me through the interview process. I had a couple calls with my two mentors and then they decided to bring me into superday. The superday consists of 1 hour of case study and 4 rounds of in-person interview. One of the interviews asked about the result of your case study. The other three were a combination of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If we have a cup of water, you drink a half of it. I drink the half of what's left. Then you drink the half of that. The process continues indefinitely. How much of the water you drink more than I do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college and received an interview with a second-year associate. I received a mix of market knowledge questions and behavioral questions. The questions were the typical bulge bracket quick fire ones. Have two stocks ready to pitch and know EVERYTHING (check the price that they are trading at before you walk in the room). Have reasons for choosing S&T and not IB or consulting. Be prepared for the holy super day.

Interview Questions

• Who is the CEO?   1 Answer
    • Why sales and trading?   1 Answer
    • What would happen if a client called you saying we purchased the wrong bonds for them?   1 Answer

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was with two college Alumni who work there. Mostly behavioral questions and questions about my work experience and previous internship. They asked about what's going on in the economy at the moment. The point of the interview was to see if candidates are good fit.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Basically some markets related questions, what is the price of fx, how to you see the trend and reason for that. I would recommend read some news before the interview, know your product well.

Interview Questions

• For Asia market, what is the price for Thailand yuan and Korea dollar   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by superday in NYC. I had to network extensively to get the interview since I came form a non target school. Superday consisted of five 25 minute interviews with mostly directors in the Sales and Trading Business

Interview Questions

• If I was in a comma for the past nine month and just awoke, how would you describe what has happened in the world economy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I applied through my university and had a first round interview held on campus followed by a Superday in their NYC office. The first round interview was 1 30 minute interview and the Superday was 5 20-25 minute interviews back to back. Very market based interview questions with some occasional behavioral questions as well.

Interview Questions

• What is going on in the economy in Australia..... Brazil?   Answer Question