Citi Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.6

Senior Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

I had one video interview. Easy questions, mainly asked about things on my resume and why I wanted the position and to work for Citi. Did ask a little about excel formulas.

Interview Questions

• Asked me something about an Excel function...I can't remember which one   Answer Question

Interview

Way too long, but very straight forward - I interviewed with my direct manager (who was based in another city), the compliance director of my location, my manager's manager, and the current members of the team

Interview Questions

• Their are three main requirements of this role: writing and editing policies, having difficult conversations with co-workers, and dealing with audit - what experiences have you had that would make you succeed in these areas?   Answer Question

Senior Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX).

Interview

Interview as handled the direct manager for the position, and basically he was looking someone with overall experience for Credit Review, who can start new process, for the mortgage, specially for Home Equity.

Interview Questions

• How can you make a positive difference at Citi ?   1 Answer

Citi Response

Jul 1, 2016 – Global Recruitment VP

Welcome to the Citi team!

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (O'Fallon, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of multiple phone interviews with HR and the business managers; as well as multiple in person interviews culminating with a panel discusssion. There were many questions specific to the business, the position, my past, as well as some general skills and problem solving questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I have handled challenges in the past.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a shoo-in. They already knew from my resume that they wanted me - the interview was just a formality to make sure I could present myself as well as my resume said I could. It was perhaps the easiest interview I have ever had. I am grateful for that.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach gathering business requirements and creating functional design documents?   1 Answer

Assistant Vice President - IT Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and 1 in-person interview. First 2 interviews were with the hiring manager and senior business analysts. In-person interview was with the Development manager.

The phone interviews and in-person interview went well. However, I think they were looking to get someone who was really more technical, rather than having a good mix of both business and technical skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an inner join and an outer join?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

One appointment, met with five different employees - some higher, some would be colleagues. Job description is useless as jobs there are totally fluid based on changing focus of group CFO.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy, I think they liked my resume or, didn't like any other candidates   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

digest them and position yourself accordingly: The People Interviewing You May Dread Interviewing You. The Hiring Team May Not (Yet) Have Clarity on the True Needs for This Role. They Will Subconsciously Judge You Before You Open Your Mouth. They May Not Extend the Offer to the “Most Qualified” Person.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in January 2014.

Interview

After getting a phone call to setup an interview I came into the site. I sat with 3 managers over the course of an hour and a half to 2 hours.

I met with 1 Vice President, 1 Sr Vice President, and 1 Director. The Director was a softball interview as he was the last person and assumed everything else had been covered by his 2 directs.

The Vice President didn't really seem to have a good grasp on the group's responsibilities. There had been a lot of turn over (3 people on a 5 person team left) and they needed someone who was looking for an opportunity to prove him or herself.

The SVP reiterated similar lines. They asked mostly basic questions anyone with a 3.0 in any college subject could answer. Then they asked extremely niche questions relating to the position. I answered honestly and with the niche questions, when I said I didn't know, they said they could train me.

Interview Questions

I declined because the managers seemed really green and unequipped to do their jobs.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Very long waiting period...the questioning process was more to determine whether you would fit in with the team

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you had to confront someone who did something unethical?   Answer Question