Citi Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.9

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I applied online for a somewhat technical VP role that i was highly qualified for. Approx. one week later, a recruiter (from another city, same company) called to set up a phone screen for the following week. It was a very simple conversation, basically just walked him through my resume. Then about 1.5 weeks later, I had my first call with a business VP - again, resume walkthrough. Several days later, a second call with a different business VP - again, resume walkthrough, but wanting detail on specific project outcomes. It was clear to me by this point that Citi was highly interested. Had a final video interview with SVP who asked me about one project and then told me at end of call that they would be extending offer the following week. Monday, recruiter called and gave informal verbal offer which was followed later that week by formal offer.

I noticed that as I began speaking with people at Citi, the waiting time between communications grew smaller and smaller, and recruiter was adamant that business was interested. I felt it pretty clear they were interested as they didn't let more than a day or two go by without some sort of communication. The longest wait was between the time I applied, the time I heard from recruiter, and then phone screen with recruiter. I think this was almost 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How did you get buy-in from the business when you suggested process improvements?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President - OPS Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard interview, HR was very helpful throughout the process. There were 2 45-minute interviews with the direct manager and group lead. Offer was extended within 3 weeks after final interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The hiring process takes a very long time. Often times receiving decline notification without any other contact from the organization. Positions are often times posted and removed and then posted again without any communication from the organization.

Interview Questions

• No questions answered as no initial interview was scheduled for position even though I had the requisite experience and skills.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Hagerstown, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on the Citi internal website. 2 weeks after applying I received an email invite for the interview. I prepared as much as I could. The interview was a panel style with 2 Assistant Vice Presidents and an Operations Manager. They rotated asking the questions while the others wrote. This was my first panel style interview so I was very nervous. It definitely gave me practice. I am still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to get creative to complete a task.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I had a video interview for a job in Manhattan, and that was all it took to get the job. I met with 2 people, and the interview only lasted about 45 minutes total. It was rather informal, and I got the job mostly on the strength of my resume and experience.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted the job as opposed to pursuing a career more closely aligned with my education.   Answer Question

Vice President Finance Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Wilmington, DE) in November 2016.

Interview

2 rounds, one with the hiring managers (SVPs) and the 2nd round with the Director (Final Round). The hiring managers were friendly and seem to know i was a fit. After meeting the hiring managers, i met with the Director who also thought i was a good match. The Director asked me a series of a situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. What would you do given the following circumstances?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX).

Interview

Initial interview; not selected. Networking through contacts made at the interview led to applying to a specific job. Two weeks later, phone interview with basic technical Info Sec questions. One week later phone interview with direct manager, same stock questions. One week later video conference with the Director of IS, several deeper tech questions and culture/behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• You need to compress and encrypt data for transmission, which do you do first and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little leeway from HR- git the impression that the standard scale + salary history establish starting wage.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Lots of questions and deep drill down on experience. Required to interview with multiple staff members. Longer process which may require rounds of interview and depending may require video interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this position?   1 Answer

Assistant Vice President In Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

pretty straight forward. Applied via linkedin. HR emailed back asking to respond to 13 questions or so. A week later got an invite for an onsite interview. Interview with 3 people from director, senior associate to VP. 2 weeks later, HR emailed saying I was top candidate and they want a phone interview with another manager. Still waiting

Interview Questions

• all based on resume and work related questions. No behavior questions. Overall was very great experience. All people I talked to were very easy to talk to and showed interest.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

same as other company . First technical interview once first round completed then Sme level interview with all type of coding then management lever interview. At last with hr to discuss salary final