Citi Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.9

145 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Multiple rounds of phone and in-person interviews. The in-person interviews were significantly better than the phone interviews. One interviewer seemed to have made his decision about me before the interview even started, so it was unpleasant. The rest of the interviewers were great and people I would love to work with. The HR rep overseeing my case was excellent.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Standard , Salary needs to be negotiated , Took long time , 2-3 rounds, Reference helps, 2-3 HR rounds for salary negotiation, after offer they push to join at the earliest

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

One phone call. Process was very long, and there were significant stretches of time that I questioned whether the position was still open. This may be more due to the hiring manager than due to the corporate process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I submitted online and was Careerbuilder at that time, the recruiter called me, I wasn't ready to made a decision at the time since I was living in another state. The whole process took over 4 months but primarily because the executive they had that was supposed to relocate from NY to Tampa backed out so they had to get another replacement.

Interview:

They will ask you regular questions and out of no where throw you a technical question to see if you know your trade

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a subpoena is   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by a recruiter from the HR department. After a brief, screening interview over the phone, I was invited in to speak with a possible, future peer. Following that interview, I was invited back into the office to interview with the hiring manager as well as the hiring manager's manager.

Vice President of Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Fountain Valley, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a total of 4 interviews: 1.) An "e-mail" interview with the corporate recruiter, where you have to answer about 20 questions in writing 2.) a 2-hour face-to-face interview with the local Senior VP 3.) a 45 min face-to-face interview with the head of the group from NY 4.) an hour phone interview with another high ranking VP in NY. Then a week a later, I got the standard "Thanks, but no thanks" automated e-mail response. No explanation from any of the people I talked to or the corporate recruiter. I immediately saw the position posted again after I was turned down, so I probably didn't lose out to someone else. All in all very disappointing after investing this much time in the process. Makes me weary to apply of even use any Citi services in the future.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you have to deal with multiple requests from senior executives at the same time?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I applied online for a somewhat technical VP role that i was highly qualified for. Approx. one week later, a recruiter (from another city, same company) called to set up a phone screen for the following week. It was a very simple conversation, basically just walked him through my resume. Then about 1.5 weeks later, I had my first call with a business VP - again, resume walkthrough. Several days later, a second call with a different business VP - again, resume walkthrough, but wanting detail on specific project outcomes. It was clear to me by this point that Citi was highly interested. Had a final video interview with SVP who asked me about one project and then told me at end of call that they would be extending offer the following week. Monday, recruiter called and gave informal verbal offer which was followed later that week by formal offer.

I noticed that as I began speaking with people at Citi, the waiting time between communications grew smaller and smaller, and recruiter was adamant that business was interested. I felt it pretty clear they were interested as they didn't let more than a day or two go by without some sort of communication. The longest wait was between the time I applied, the time I heard from recruiter, and then phone screen with recruiter. I think this was almost 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How did you get buy-in from the business when you suggested process improvements?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President - OPS Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard interview, HR was very helpful throughout the process. There were 2 45-minute interviews with the direct manager and group lead. Offer was extended within 3 weeks after final interview.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The hiring process takes a very long time. Often times receiving decline notification without any other contact from the organization. Positions are often times posted and removed and then posted again without any communication from the organization.

Interview Questions

• No questions answered as no initial interview was scheduled for position even though I had the requisite experience and skills.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Hagerstown, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on the Citi internal website. 2 weeks after applying I received an email invite for the interview. I prepared as much as I could. The interview was a panel style with 2 Assistant Vice Presidents and an Operations Manager. They rotated asking the questions while the others wrote. This was my first panel style interview so I was very nervous. It definitely gave me practice. I am still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to get creative to complete a task.   1 Answer