Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

986 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process in itself was fairly easy; I applied online, as well as got an employee referral and then got a phone interview about one month later. The interviewer pretty much grilled me about everything.

Interview Questions

• What was one article you read lately that interested you?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Mandarin Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

I was declined after I handed out the application form without any explanation. My friend who does not require for work visa got the interview invitation. While, they said they recruit international students and embrace diversity.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It was tough and professional. They went over my backgrounds through resume and cover letter. And they ask questions related to job. At the end, they gave me time to ask questions.

Collections Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Citi is not a military friendly employer. I am currently serving in the reserve. I applied online for a collection representative position in Jacksonville FL on 5/30/17. Received a phone call from a recruiter in Tampa FL. I was scheduled for an on site interview in Jacksonville. The interview went well, atleast I thought it did. Two weeks later, I received an email stating that I was not selected for the position. I applied for another customer service position a few days after. Had the phone interview and another on-site interview and still was not offered a position. Their customer service positions only require a HS diploma. I have a Bachelors in Business Administration.

Getting rejected twice by Citi, I was starting to lose confidence in myself. I questioned myself, what am I doing wrong. But in the military, we never quit. I applied for a similar position at another financial institution and was offered the position in the same week.

I truly believe I was denied a position at Citi for being a reservist.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The process was very easy. You had to apply both on their website and through my schools website. I was accepted for a first round interview, but when I got into the interview the interviewer was very rude to me and was grilling me on very un-related issues. It was a terrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the world in two minutes?   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

First phone interview, second in person interview at Buffalo office and third they fly me to NYC office. At Buffalo office they ask me to debug a C function on a paper. NYC interview with 8 people each had 30 min with me and ask lot of questions on theoretical physics.

Interview Questions

• Write down Einstein's equations. What is invariant quantity in general relativity. What is the different between spectral and Sudo spectral methods. What is the different between void pointer and Null pointer. Can C structure contain a function call. How to solves the schrodinger's equation. How to reduce error in finite differencing.   Answer Question

Summer Sales and Trading Interview

Application

Interview

Applied through my schools career center and interviewed over the phone with a past student who now works there. Interview was 15 minutes. Only behavioral question was tell me about yourself. He grilled me about every other question I was asked. I'm only a sophomore and this would be my first finance related job/internship so I wasn't expecting to need to be an expert. I know basic knowledge about the market but this guy grilled me and made me look like an idiot. Lots of background noise so I could barely even hear him.

Interview Questions

• Did you see whats going on in the market this morning?
      What do you think the Fed is going to do next year to fix the recent downtrend in oil prices? Why? Why? Why?
      What sector should I be looking to invest in? What company? Why? Why?
      Whats your favorite book?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Was referred to a the position by a friend in the group. Sent my resume and shortly after was contacted by HR. Had an intro call with them, a couple days later received an email to schedule a phone interview. This was an extensive phone interview with about 6 different members of the group varying in seniority. Extremely technical questions, very few behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Can enterprise value ever be negative?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through the firm's website and I got an email to set up a phone interview. I was expecting to get a call from an analyst as that's usually the case for most of the bulge brackets, but I actually got a call from the VP of quantitative analysis group. It was an interesting interview as the structure was totally different in that he introduced himself and his group first and then I walked through my resume. After few fit questions, I was asked questions on programming, regression, brain teasers and stats questions. I found it very difficult.

Interview Questions

• There is a fair dice. After the first roll, you can decide whether to take the number or roll it again. However, you have to take the value from the second roll. If I charge you $4 to play this game and pay you whatever the dice shows, will you play this game?   1 Answer

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

Made it to the phone interview stage.