Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

2,073 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

My process included two rounds: a phone interview followed by a final round superday.

First round phone interview was all quantitative questions: one programming question, one options question, fixed income questions, and probability questions.

Second round had a programming test, written math test, then four interviews.

Interview Questions

• One question I remember from the Superday was the St. Petersburg paradox.   1 Answer

Vice President - Real Estate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

3 interviews spread 3 months apart. HR manager was very pushy during the offer stage, and confirmed that if I tried to negotiate my offer, that it would send the wrong message to the hiring managers and that I definitely did not want to start off my job with a bad impression. I should have rejected the offer right then and there because this is definitely not the way to attract quality employees, but I was desperate and ignored the red flags. Needless to say the actual job experience was not any better, I had to leave within the year.

Custody Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Warsaw (Poland)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was very demanding and too nice. He wanted to check how i react in stressfull situations. Also she checked my knowledge about capital markets. It was one hour tough interview

Interview Questions

• They asked me to have appraisal with employee who is very frustrated. They said: i will be a very bad employee and you must tell me that i am below exepectations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

3 first round telephone interviews in addition to a superday interview that takes the form of assessment center - basically 5 back to back 1 on 1 interviews and 1 case study session that takes about 2 hours. The total time is about 5 hours. Many other interviewees come at similar times for the interview.

Financial Account Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was not time consuming. It was easy and it helped to start mentoring others with their assignments. It was very informative and direct to the point. II feel very proud to be part of this time,

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Citi?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

They would sit you down in a room and have you read about sales and then ask you your opinion on the piece and kept hankering me for more and more feedback on the stuff and I was so tired but the kept asking for more and I finally said am I getting the job or not and he was like ok sure you can have the job just cause, I mean what the hell right? Take it, its yours.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The process was very easy. You had to apply both on their website and through my schools website. I was accepted for a first round interview, but when I got into the interview the interviewer was very rude to me and was grilling me on very un-related issues. It was a terrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the world in two minutes?   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

First phone interview, second in person interview at Buffalo office and third they fly me to NYC office. At Buffalo office they ask me to debug a C function on a paper. NYC interview with 8 people each had 30 min with me and ask lot of questions on theoretical physics.

Interview Questions

• Write down Einstein's equations. What is invariant quantity in general relativity. What is the different between spectral and Sudo spectral methods. What is the different between void pointer and Null pointer. Can C structure contain a function call. How to solves the schrodinger's equation. How to reduce error in finite differencing.   Answer Question

IT Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Aptitude test first and then those who progress have 3 separate interviews in one session. Competency interview, group exercise, and then technical interview.. Group exercise was just to talk about a car insurance company and how to improve it after given information about it. Technical interview was really difficult but the competency one was easy.

Interview Questions

• What makes Java special as a programming language?   1 Answer
    • Favourite programming languages and why   Answer Question
    • What is an OOP language?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you solved a difficult problem   1 Answer

Summer Sales and Trading Interview

Application

Interview

Applied through my schools career center and interviewed over the phone with a past student who now works there. Interview was 15 minutes. Only behavioral question was tell me about yourself. He grilled me about every other question I was asked. I'm only a sophomore and this would be my first finance related job/internship so I wasn't expecting to need to be an expert. I know basic knowledge about the market but this guy grilled me and made me look like an idiot. Lots of background noise so I could barely even hear him.

Interview Questions

• Did you see whats going on in the market this morning?
      What do you think the Fed is going to do next year to fix the recent downtrend in oil prices? Why? Why? Why?
      What sector should I be looking to invest in? What company? Why? Why?
      Whats your favorite book?
      1 Answer