Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

2,369 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It was tough and professional. They went over my backgrounds through resume and cover letter. And they ask questions related to job. At the end, they gave me time to ask questions.

Collections Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Citi is not a military friendly employer. I am currently serving in the reserve. I applied online for a collection representative position in Jacksonville FL on 5/30/17. Received a phone call from a recruiter in Tampa FL. I was scheduled for an on site interview in Jacksonville. The interview went well, atleast I thought it did. Two weeks later, I received an email stating that I was not selected for the position. I applied for another customer service position a few days after. Had the phone interview and another on-site interview and still was not offered a position. Their customer service positions only require a HS diploma. I have a Bachelors in Business Administration.

Getting rejected twice by Citi, I was starting to lose confidence in myself. I questioned myself, what am I doing wrong. But in the military, we never quit. I applied for a similar position at another financial institution and was offered the position in the same week.

I truly believe I was denied a position at Citi for being a reservist.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

My process included two rounds: a phone interview followed by a final round superday.

First round phone interview was all quantitative questions: one programming question, one options question, fixed income questions, and probability questions.

Second round had a programming test, written math test, then four interviews.

Interview Questions

• One question I remember from the Superday was the St. Petersburg paradox.   1 Answer

Vice President - Real Estate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

3 interviews spread 3 months apart. HR manager was very pushy during the offer stage, and confirmed that if I tried to negotiate my offer, that it would send the wrong message to the hiring managers and that I definitely did not want to start off my job with a bad impression. I should have rejected the offer right then and there because this is definitely not the way to attract quality employees, but I was desperate and ignored the red flags. Needless to say the actual job experience was not any better, I had to leave within the year.

Custody Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Warsaw (Poland)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was very demanding and too nice. He wanted to check how i react in stressfull situations. Also she checked my knowledge about capital markets. It was one hour tough interview

Interview Questions

• They asked me to have appraisal with employee who is very frustrated. They said: i will be a very bad employee and you must tell me that i am below exepectations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

3 first round telephone interviews in addition to a superday interview that takes the form of assessment center - basically 5 back to back 1 on 1 interviews and 1 case study session that takes about 2 hours. The total time is about 5 hours. Many other interviewees come at similar times for the interview.

Financial Account Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was not time consuming. It was easy and it helped to start mentoring others with their assignments. It was very informative and direct to the point. II feel very proud to be part of this time,

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Citi?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

They would sit you down in a room and have you read about sales and then ask you your opinion on the piece and kept hankering me for more and more feedback on the stuff and I was so tired but the kept asking for more and I finally said am I getting the job or not and he was like ok sure you can have the job just cause, I mean what the hell right? Take it, its yours.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The process was very easy. You had to apply both on their website and through my schools website. I was accepted for a first round interview, but when I got into the interview the interviewer was very rude to me and was grilling me on very un-related issues. It was a terrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the world in two minutes?   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

First phone interview, second in person interview at Buffalo office and third they fly me to NYC office. At Buffalo office they ask me to debug a C function on a paper. NYC interview with 8 people each had 30 min with me and ask lot of questions on theoretical physics.

Interview Questions

• Write down Einstein's equations. What is invariant quantity in general relativity. What is the different between spectral and Sudo spectral methods. What is the different between void pointer and Null pointer. Can C structure contain a function call. How to solves the schrodinger's equation. How to reduce error in finite differencing.   Answer Question