Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017
2,229 Interview Reviews

2.9

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Phone Interview - General questions cover what's on the resume. Behavioral questions and one brain teaser.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online, then got a phone call from the hiring manager directly. Just briefly talked about my background and what they are doing in their team. After one month, I was invited to an onsite interview. Was asked a lot of questions about data analysis and statistical modeling. Got a rejection three days after the onsite.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in case your client was not satisfied with your statistical analysis result?   Answer Question

Risk Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

One interview in school, it was behavioral based.
    3 interview in NY headquarters, focused on technical skills, soft skills, and stress-handling abilities.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Citi given the economic uncertainty   Answer Question

Interview

Behavioral interview and technical interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

hardly any room

Graduate Interview

Interview

-Online Tests: Both verbal and numerical
    - Assessment Centre: Group Exercise, Interview and Financial Modelling tests

Interview Questions

• Think the most difficult part of assessment was the further financial modelling test   Answer Question

Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

Applied through University Career Services and submitted application, CV, and Cover Letter. Was contacted to take numerical test for the company.

After the passing the first, the first round of interviews were 2 interviews, 25 minutes each. The interviews were conducted via phone, and were done with only one person. Initially both interviews consisted of asking about work experience, fit questions, why Citi, and why investment banking. Later on the interview very easy technical questions were asked about portfolio diversification and portfolio correlation.

Interview Questions

• If you are not a finance major, why should we hire you for an investment banking position?   Answer Question

Recon Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 people. It was slightly informal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They made an offer and that was it.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The 45 min phone interview was mostly technical. On-site mass interview with multiple steps, from 9am to 4pm. Interviewed by about about 5 people sequentially, with technical and personality aspects distributed in about equal parts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Bulk hiring process.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Interviewed on-campus (30- minute technical interview) and contacted by HR 2 days later extending an offer. Questions were about OOP design principles and hashing, and some behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation for an internship

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

I was in semi formals(Shirt and jeans), the moment HR saw me she started shouting like she is the CEO of citi group.
    Anyways, next was a boring presentation.
    Up next- 1 technical round which was good.
    Next - Problem solving and puzzles
    Next - HR + Problem solving

Interview Questions

HR is bad. i got another offer of better compensation.