Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

919 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online, then got a phone call from the hiring manager directly. Just briefly talked about my background and what they are doing in their team. After one month, I was invited to an onsite interview. Was asked a lot of questions about data analysis and statistical modeling. Got a rejection three days after the onsite.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in case your client was not satisfied with your statistical analysis result?   Answer Question

Risk Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

One interview in school, it was behavioral based.
    3 interview in NY headquarters, focused on technical skills, soft skills, and stress-handling abilities.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Citi given the economic uncertainty   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Interview

-Online Tests: Both verbal and numerical
    - Assessment Centre: Group Exercise, Interview and Financial Modelling tests

Interview Questions

• Think the most difficult part of assessment was the further financial modelling test   Answer Question

Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

Applied through University Career Services and submitted application, CV, and Cover Letter. Was contacted to take numerical test for the company.

After the passing the first, the first round of interviews were 2 interviews, 25 minutes each. The interviews were conducted via phone, and were done with only one person. Initially both interviews consisted of asking about work experience, fit questions, why Citi, and why investment banking. Later on the interview very easy technical questions were asked about portfolio diversification and portfolio correlation.

Interview Questions

• If you are not a finance major, why should we hire you for an investment banking position?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

First round on campus, 2nd one would be offsite

Interview Questions

• A lot of fit questions. How quant do you think you are compared to your classmates, etc.
      Easy math question given 2 sides of a triangle what is the range that the 3rd side can be.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Super day interview. We had 3 30 minute interviews, followed by an exam for supposedly 1 hour. It was incredibly unprofessional. We were left in a room alone, and people who clearly knew each other were cheating on the exam. The problems were clearly taken out of some resource for these types of questions, and edited not so well, since some problems were like problems that existed, except didn't make sense.

Interview Questions

• What is a real time operating system? What are hard and soft ones? Give examples.   Answer Question

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

All day interview with different heads of department and final presentation.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Questions were simple and straight forward.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

2 rounds, 1st phone interview with a 2nd year associate, 2nd on site with 3 different 1st year ass. director and VP

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

1. why citi, 2 why IBD, 3 walk through CV, 4 competency based questions

Interview Questions

• what is the link between three financial statements   1 Answer