Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

Asset Servicing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a call from HR and they did a quick interview asking a few questions about my previous professional experience and why I wanted to get this job.
    The same day, I got another call confirming an interview in the Dublin office with a Senior Manager.

There were two people in this interview, the senior manager and other person from the team.
    The interview was mainly about telling them different situations that I faced on my previous work and how I performed

Interview Questions

• - Resume review
      - Explaining a situation where I faced a problem, how I solved it and which recognition I got for it.
      - Example of working under pressure
      - Example of dealing with tight deadlines
      Answer Question

Roadshow Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews, I thought both went well - I emailed the recruiter right away to get email addresses to send thank you notes - never heard back.

Latin America Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi in March 2017.

Interview

Online interview including five excel questions and five behavior questions. The excel questions are the multiply choices and you have 50 seconds for each question. The behavior questions are general questions and you have 2 mins to prepare for each one.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with recruiter several times at job fairs at USF In Tampa. She was wonderful! Very kind and helpful. I submitted my resume but I did not get an interview.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It took 3 weeks in total. I got a super day invitation 2 weeks after the 1st round interview. 1st round interview consisted of only 3 questions and took 20 minutes. Super day took 4~5 hours and I took 1 math and 1 programming test prior to meeting 4 interviewers in a row.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of sort algorithms do you know? write down Black Scholes formula. Write down coefficients of linear regression   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and received the online tests a few days after. After about a month I was invited to a first round interview. This included two 30 minute interviews, one competency and one technical. I was informed after a week that I passed to the assessment centre. The assessment centre was a whole day it included a case study, group exercise and interviews. One interview was on the case study, one competency and technical.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Several steps :
    1) CV screenings
    2) Numerical Tests
    3) 1st interview
    4) 2nd interview + assessment center

Numerical tests can be easily managed by practicing a little beforehand. However, and because of the huge number of applicants, the other steps are more challenging.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10years?   Answer Question
    • What was the most challenging situation you ever faced ? What did you learn from it ?   Answer Question

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

this role I applied from UK to USA for a internal transfer, the interviewer dont know Big Data or Apache Spark he was just a guy found in New york streets who has a greencard and he asked me some questions about real time streaming using spark here he wants to use Q data structure to maintain the state which is bad idea when comapred to using Spark updatestatebykey function

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I went through the Women Program at Citi where they assigned me two mentors to guide me through the interview process. I had a couple calls with my two mentors and then they decided to bring me into superday. The superday consists of 1 hour of case study and 4 rounds of in-person interview. One of the interviews asked about the result of your case study. The other three were a combination of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If we have a cup of water, you drink a half of it. I drink the half of what's left. Then you drink the half of that. The process continues indefinitely. How much of the water you drink more than I do?   Answer Question

Risk Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Had an on campus interview during Citi's on campus recruiting with one interviewer, primarily behavioral questions. Interviewer was nice and seemed genuinely interested in the interview and made it extremely conversational.