Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

913 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was normal. I applied online on through the company website and got and interview. It was a phone interview. The interviewer was friendly. It starts with tell me about yourself, and diverts towards more technical aspects related to the job. So, overall it was a technical interview with questions on accounting, valuation, finance, etc.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Standard interview, questions about financial statements and past experiences. The interviewers were very encouraging and friendly. Positive experience overall. Heard back within three days of the first round.

ICG Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied online via university job page. Interview focused on project experience as outlined in resume. There were a couple of technical questions and on coding question at the end.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between TCP and UDP? When would you use either protocol?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

All behavioral, mostly asked questions about my resume and what I had learned from certain experiences, or simply asked me to elaborate on them. At the end asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk a little bit about what exactly you were doing at X company this past summer?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through college or university on Handshake. Heard back from alumnus for first round phone interview. Was made alternate for Super-day but nothing opened up. Be prepared for FIG specific questions, esp. special ways used for valuing banks outside of DCF and within DCF Gordon Growth rather than perpetuity method, levered instead of un-levered, etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: what are a banks main sources of revenues? Expenses?
      Q: walk me through a DCF
      Q: if you were to invest in a bank stock right now, how would you choose? What valuation metrics would you use?
      Q: What are the shortcomings of beta as measure of risk?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

This was an on-site interview.

Technical interviewer was pretty emotionless and sarcastic, not to mention that the interviewer constantly cut me off every time I tried to explain what my solution did. The interviewer didn't make me feel welcome at all. I would have greatly appreciated it if he smiled more.

However, everyone else I spoke to was much more polite. The day ended with a short written technical assessment.

For all the coding questions, make sure you know how to optimize your solution (i.e. how can I make this better/faster?). YOU WILL BE ASKED TO DO THIS.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboarding   Answer Question
    • random data structures questions, e.g. write pseudo-code that prints out all the nodes in a binary search tree, write pseudo-code that looks for an item in a linked list, etc.   Answer Question
    • why citi? why work in the IT industry? why did you choose to study at your college?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • tell me what an interface is. what's an abstract class? explain to me how they're different from each other   Answer Question

Private Bank Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied on campus and was selected. Interview consisted of a one on one with nothing too complicated. Walk me through your resume, behavioral, why private banking, and market questions. Nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the current state of the economy?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in September 2017.

Interview

Got Interview call through email. HR only communicated through email. This is the only company where HR was shy of talking on phone. Was connected to member on a hiring team.
    She told me about work culture and went over my resume.
    Then was asked for 3 interview back to back on phone.
    People who interviewed me were really smart and working on latest tech.
    My third phone interview was with person who was not interested in what I know.
    But was adamant to know what she works on rather than what position was abt.

Never heard back from HR. Means I was not selected.

The only weird part abt citi is the way HR handles recruiting. I think its common with Banking firms.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Seoul (South Korea)) in December 2016.

Interview

Received a call from citi HR. He gave out a few questions that were also listed online. I prepared for them well but the HR person wasn't that receptive.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about wealthmanagement   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewers never smiled and didn't seem happy to be there. About halfway through the interview one of the interviewers took out their phone and browsed for about 15 minutes while I was talking. Super awkward and made me feel like they obviously didn't want me to be there.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the energy industry?   1 Answer