Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,296 Interview Reviews

2.9

2,296 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a first round phone interview where some basic behavioral and technical questions were asked. Then I was invited to NYC for a super day which consists of a math (half an hour) and programming test (one hour), then followed by 4 face to face interviews. Overall the people are great and chill, very nice experience.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Relaxed. it wasnt difficult. the hiring manager was chill. I was entry level so they didnt ask too much difficult questions. They had my resume and i answered to the best of my knowledge

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

4 rounds:
    1. With head of team and SVP from another team. CV, biographical, technical
    2. Head of different team and SVP in same team as role. Same as above.
    3. Videoconference with US - with ultimate global bosses. Same as above.
    4. Coffee with UK head of department and SVP in same department. General chat/ opportunity to get to know each other.

Interview Questions

• Biggest challenges facing department/sector /team   1 Answer

101 Foundational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2017.

Interview

first round phone interview , second round face-to-face interview. Try not to miss the call though the phone number was strange. The phone interview was easy. The second round was stressful

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Elk Grove, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Very smooth and very accommodating, the interviewers were great and made me feel very at ease. The interview only lasted 1 full hour and they got back to me quickly with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about change?   1 Answer

Network Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Met up at the front lobby, security guard had to exit the building and allow me to access.

Waited in lobby for interviewer to come and clear with security to allow me temporary access to the premises in order to proceed with the interview.

Met with the recruiter in an interview room, greeted each other and began the interview.

Types of questions:

Routing protocols
    OSI Model
    Layer 3 technical questions
    Layer 2 technical questions
    Past education and work experiences
    Salary expectations
    Expectations from the company
    How well I work with a team
    Team leadership

Interview Questions

• What port does BGP operate on?   1 Answer
    • If you are working on a remote router and a command you enter brings the connecting interface down and you lost connectivity, what would you do?   1 Answer

Reference Data Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website and they contacted me for I think 2 weeks after my application. There was no exam, you will be interviewed immediately as you arrive. I had a panel interview which consists of 6 people. So I feel pressured that time because that was the first time I've encountered it. By the way, I'm a fresh graduate. The interviewers were the manager and her team and if you get hired, you will be joining that team as well. The interview was hard, I didn't expect lots of their questions.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citi (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in December 2013.

Interview

HR will contact you, you will be attending an interview with HR and a separate one with the hiring manager. No subsequent interview. Straight to salary negotiation and offer if shortlisted

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (Mumbai (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

very brief. multiple rounds with each business head.HR round was non-existent.It was taken at the very end as a formality.Stick to concepts and basics of the role you are applying for.keep it brief.Also be prepared for why (the role) ? and why citi?

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was really short in my case, supposedly because I was a local candidate with work experience. Had a 45mins phone conversation with the Manager. The conversation was mostly behavioral

The manager discussed about what his team was doing and then proceeded to ask my experience and projects I worked on. The interview went really well.

At this point I was expecting an Onsite interview but behold, in two days I get an email for the on-boarding process. It was unbelievable and unexpected. I submitted all the documents they needed and was told that they are working on getting approvals and all for my offer and would take a week or so. I was quite excited at this point.

Two weeks in and finally a response comes in. I was told that they won't be offering me as they are looking for more experienced candidate. I was shocked and speechless at this. Never have I seen such an interview where you are told an offer is on its way only to be rejected later with an absurd reason which could have been communicated even before the interview process has begun.

I learnt my lesson that day - Never trust anyone until the offer is in hand.