Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,258 Interview Reviews

2.9

2,258 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surathkal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (Surathkal (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

The company visited our college and after online test about 35 were shortlisted.It was a one on one interview in the first round and later it was HR cum technical

Interview Questions

• Being from civil Engineering background they asked best structural design in our college,some basic puzzles and riddles to ease off the initial time.Later he moved to check programming knowledge about data structures.But they were looking for much coding related guy   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied for the graduate programme for the Belfast office. Applied online and did a phone interview that was very short. Was offered to come for further interview but it was during exam time.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a quick call with Recruiter to understand my background and general interests. I was referred to another internal recruiter. It has been a while, and I haven't heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Manager (SEO) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through the corporate site. The position was advertised as being in Dublin/Belfast. I was emailed back by an assistant and told I had been selected for a phone interview. I had queried whether the role could be located in Dublin as it was not clear from the job description. They said no, that the role was in Belfast. Soon after, I was told that the hiring manager in fact wanted to meet me in Dublin and they didn't require me to do a phone interview which I thought was a positive sign. So after that confusion, the interview itself was fine but I felt that I had not received a lot of information from HR regarding the position. When I met with the hiring manager I was told that the position was actually at executive level, despite extensive years of experience being listed in the job requirements. I did not receive feedback for over 2 weeks and had to phone HR myself (after emailing twice) to find out that I did not get the position. The company seems like it would be a great place to work but I did find them lacking with regards sufficient information for candidates.

Interview Questions

• Share how you would build an effective SEO strategy   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New Delhi (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

i applied through university. there were two rounds . first round was of 2 hrs which was divided into modules .1. Technical question 2.Quantitative aptitude 3.Logical aptitude 4.programming questions
    1 hr was for first three module and 1hr was for 4th round(programming)
    after that on next day there was Personal interview. make sure you do programming question correctly all of them. there was NO question from Dynamic programming. make sure to revise OOPS concepts.
    do programming ques ,it was not tough.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Citi (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 1 brief technical phone interview + 4 meetings (in this order): data engineer, software dev team lead, architect and HR. Subsequently they asked for references. Then comes expectation (salary) coordination (WAY too late in the process). Be sure to LEAD with your salary expectations, or you'll be wasting your time (as, it turns out, I have wasted mine).

Interview Questions

• Describe an implementation of a stack that allows us to perform the following operations in O(1) time: push, pop, max.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Multiple rounds of phone and in-person interviews. The in-person interviews were significantly better than the phone interviews. One interviewer seemed to have made his decision about me before the interview even started, so it was unpleasant. The rest of the interviewers were great and people I would love to work with. The HR rep overseeing my case was excellent.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

Interview

There were three round.
    The first was a logical, aptitude and coding round.
    The second a technical with majore focus on resume
    the third was an hr round where they judge your communication skills.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Had an internal employee referral. Had a simple phone interview with a junior analyst where (if I recall) they began by asking me about myself. Walked through my resume, proceeded to ask them about themselves, they told me about the program, and the conversation really just took off. Easy interview, just ask very interested and understand the two most basic questions - why citi, and why finance.

Got an offer to fly to NYC for superday. Full day Superday from 8 AM - 3 PM in Long Island City Office. About 10-15 other candidates. Begins with case study which you have 30 mins or an hour to review. Each candidate interviews with 3 different people, but there are large breaks in between so you could have a long time to continue reviewing your case study.
    One soft interview - why citi - why finance - etc. Very relaxed.
    One soft skill interview with a handful of predetermined questions.
    One case study review interview, but I could tell my interviewer didn't really care that much so as soon as I presented my thoughts to him we just started talking about him instead (which I would guess he liked).

At the end of the day groups of 4-5 candidates go into conference rooms for another case study where you have 5 mins to read it while the interviewers observe. You are then asked to discuss it among the group, while the interviewers continue to observe.

Interview was on a Friday, I was called with an offer on the following Monday.

KYC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Warsaw (Poland)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied on Citi website. After 3 days, I was called by the company's HR department. First interview was by phone, and it was aprox. 20 minutes. The second interview was held on their video call platform. And the 3rd one will be face to face.