Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 29, 2017
2,126 Interview Reviews

2.9

CATE Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Had a 30 min phone interview and then was invited to the Citi Super Day, where there was another 45 min interview and a group challenge, and then a tour.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical, mostly about resume   1 Answer

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Very quick process. I Applied online, then had one interview on site for about 30 minutes with two VPs. the interview wasn't difficult, the interviewers were very friendly. Received offer few days later.

Retention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

you are interviewed individually, but in a room with 10 other interviews going on. The entire process was very well planed and everyone was very helpful in explaining the next steps in the process

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to change someones mind.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (Hackensack, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an online assessment right after. The assessment was not that hard but you need to concentrate until the end. It was more difficult than PNC but easier than BOA. After submitting, I got a phone call from the recruiter the day after. It was very quick because the branch I applied for needed to fill a vacant position. The phone interview was very simple and smooth. Nothing complicated and the recruiter asked some questions about my resume. After about 10min long interview, he said I will be getting another phone call from the branch. I got another call from the branch and set up an appointment with the branch manager. The usual hiring process of Citi is not this fast.
    The interview with the branch manager was kinda tough. She asked several questions like how was my sales approach like in my previous work and why I chose to be a banker and other personal things. She said this position is responsible for very high goals so she was looking for a very experienced personal banker but I didn't have any banking experience before. Obviously I didn't get an offer. The recruiter and the manager thought I have a banking experience for some reason.

Interview Questions

• How was your sales approach like to your clients in your previous job?
      Why did you choose to be a personal banker?
      Describe yourself.
      Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The manager is nice. Ask easy question and most time they just try understand you personality is it fit this job. They give every one a goal to match in every week.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It took 3 weeks in total. I got a super day invitation 2 weeks after the 1st round interview. 1st round interview consisted of only 3 questions and took 20 minutes. Super day took 4~5 hours and I took 1 math and 1 programming test prior to meeting 4 interviewers in a row.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of sort algorithms do you know? write down Black Scholes formula. Write down coefficients of linear regression   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with recruiter several times at job fairs at USF In Tampa. She was wonderful! Very kind and helpful. I submitted my resume but I did not get an interview.

Latin America Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi in March 2017.

Interview

Online interview including five excel questions and five behavior questions. The excel questions are the multiply choices and you have 50 seconds for each question. The behavior questions are general questions and you have 2 mins to prepare for each one.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi in March 2017.

Interview

I got a phone call and asked to do a interview with assist manager. I didn't prepare at all because I was busy at school and I didn't even bring my resume copy. However, the manager is understandble and let it go. She asked my schedule and my school plan. Also my previous job experience. She asked me if I know what bank teller do I didn't think I answered with confidence but she explained afterwards. She said she would want me because my energy and smile. Overall easy, short interview( less than 15 minutes)

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They missed every promised callback. They forced a ridiculous performance thoroughly unrelated to any actual situation. And finally, he was super classy and couldn't even be bothered to call me and reject me like a manager with something like an actual spine.

Interview Questions

• How do you hide your withering contempt as he asks you this stupid interview question straight out of 1987? And why are you still wasting your time with these clowns?   1 Answer