Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,369 Interview Reviews

2.9

2,369 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through college or university on Handshake. Heard back from alumnus for first round phone interview. Was made alternate for Super-day but nothing opened up. Be prepared for FIG specific questions, esp. special ways used for valuing banks outside of DCF and within DCF Gordon Growth rather than perpetuity method, levered instead of un-levered, etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: what are a banks main sources of revenues? Expenses?
      Q: walk me through a DCF
      Q: if you were to invest in a bank stock right now, how would you choose? What valuation metrics would you use?
      Q: What are the shortcomings of beta as measure of risk?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

All behavioral, mostly asked questions about my resume and what I had learned from certain experiences, or simply asked me to elaborate on them. At the end asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk a little bit about what exactly you were doing at X company this past summer?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was normal. I applied online on through the company website and got and interview. It was a phone interview. The interviewer was friendly. It starts with tell me about yourself, and diverts towards more technical aspects related to the job. So, overall it was a technical interview with questions on accounting, valuation, finance, etc.

S&T APAC Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round in NY headquarters. Give you 20 minutes to read 3 articles. Then discuss them later in a group with an MD. MD asked you to summarize the articles and then throw out questions regarding the article. It's impossible to prepare. Very random questions.

Interview Questions

• Summarize the articles and more specific questions about the article.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Fort Mill, SC) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview went smoothly. It was very informative. The job was explained in detail. There was a three person panel but it was not overwhelming. The interviewers were friendly. I was tested on some basic language skills but nothing too difficult. Overall the interview was easy.

Global Information Security Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was a little different than your traditional "behavior" questions. We were given an hour to go over a packet that stated problems that a fictional company was having. You are given an hour to come up with a solution. You are given 2 30 minute interviews and the third interview you present the solution you came up with.

Real Estate Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position through an employee referral. Was notified later that same day for a first round interview. First question was walk me through your resume and then went straight into 7-8 technical questions. Seemed like they were going until I missed one. Questions were very specific to what they do (primarily lending to REITs). 2 on 1 interview.

Payroll Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL).

Interview

There were 3 interviews in the process. 1)30-minute phone interview with the recruiter 2) 30-minute phone interview with the manager and 3) an hour in-person interview with the manager.

Investment Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Campus Interview through school since they come on campus to hire and they liked me because i am fiance and econimnics major, but when they interviewed me it was difficult because there were two people intenriviewing me which was different.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a first round phone interview where some basic behavioral and technical questions were asked. Then I was invited to NYC for a super day which consists of a math (half an hour) and programming test (one hour), then followed by 4 face to face interviews. Overall the people are great and chill, very nice experience.