Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,074 Interview Reviews

2.9

2,074 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied for summer analyst position for Private Banking arm. Was a great interview experience. I was invited to the final round but rejected due to the need of visa sponsorship to work in the US. Regardless, one of the best interviews I have had in my internship search.

Interview Questions

• What are three major events in the market that you are following now?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

1st round is a phone interview with a business professional. The phone interview was straightforward , questions about resume, explain project experience, what specific area do you find interesting and why, tell me how you applied problem-solving skills to a particular problem. The interviewer was nice and the interview was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me how you applied problem-solving skills to a particular problem.   Answer Question

AVP-Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I applied online, several days later got a phone interview with a recruiter and then a director. The questions were very easy, introducing my background which was relative to this position, and a very simple coding question. The director seemed to be very nice. And 20 minutes later I received a rejection letter. Everything just happened so fast that I couldn't notice what was wrong with me. One reason I could guess was when we were talking on the phone the connection was really bad, which made me an unprofessional candidate. But it was really not my phone's fault.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I applied online for a somewhat technical VP role that i was highly qualified for. Approx. one week later, a recruiter (from another city, same company) called to set up a phone screen for the following week. It was a very simple conversation, basically just walked him through my resume. Then about 1.5 weeks later, I had my first call with a business VP - again, resume walkthrough. Several days later, a second call with a different business VP - again, resume walkthrough, but wanting detail on specific project outcomes. It was clear to me by this point that Citi was highly interested. Had a final video interview with SVP who asked me about one project and then told me at end of call that they would be extending offer the following week. Monday, recruiter called and gave informal verbal offer which was followed later that week by formal offer.

I noticed that as I began speaking with people at Citi, the waiting time between communications grew smaller and smaller, and recruiter was adamant that business was interested. I felt it pretty clear they were interested as they didn't let more than a day or two go by without some sort of communication. The longest wait was between the time I applied, the time I heard from recruiter, and then phone screen with recruiter. I think this was almost 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How did you get buy-in from the business when you suggested process improvements?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Citi (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Met the recruiters through a school career fair, interviewed with them a few days later. The recruiters were very engaging and it was a comfortable, interesting conversation. It was an even split between technical and behavioral questions. Overall, it was a great experience. The interviewers seemed invested in my growth as a professional and offered to transfer me to other positions that I might be a better fit for.

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Very general questions for an entry level position with a short written assessment. They are looking for someone who is comfortable with working independently for the most part. Five weeks of training followed by on the job training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Citi?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I submitted my resume online though the company website. Within a month a was contacted to set up a phone interview. I had conversations with two current analysts; both were very nice and professional.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL).

Interview

There were 3 interviews. The first was a 2 rounds with 2 people from the team. My second invitation for an interview was with the team lead and my third was a phone with the VP. They asked all generic and some industry specific questions. Most were primarily about team work and problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Q: If presented with two situations that needed your attention by end of day how would you delegate handling both situations in a timely manner?   Answer Question

CATE Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in February 2017.

Interview

Meet employees that previously did or are currently in the CATE program at my a University's career fair. They followed up with a simple 30 minute behavioral interview. I did not get past the behavioral interview.

CATE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

They asked a couple of behavioral questions and about my experiences on my resume. There was nothing too technical about the interview. The guy interviewing was pretty nice but did not show much feedback