Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 29, 2017
2,126 Interview Reviews

2.9

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Was referred to a the position by a friend in the group. Sent my resume and shortly after was contacted by HR. Had an intro call with them, a couple days later received an email to schedule a phone interview. This was an extensive phone interview with about 6 different members of the group varying in seniority. Extremely technical questions, very few behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Can enterprise value ever be negative?   1 Answer

Sales, Trading & Quantitative Analysis Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through the firm's website and I got an email to set up a phone interview. I was expecting to get a call from an analyst as that's usually the case for most of the bulge brackets, but I actually got a call from the VP of quantitative analysis group. It was an interesting interview as the structure was totally different in that he introduced himself and his group first and then I walked through my resume. After few fit questions, I was asked questions on programming, regression, brain teasers and stats questions. I found it very difficult.

Interview Questions

• There is a fair dice. After the first roll, you can decide whether to take the number or roll it again. However, you have to take the value from the second roll. If I charge you $4 to play this game and pay you whatever the dice shows, will you play this game?   1 Answer

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

Made it to the phone interview stage.

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through school careers website. First round was markets based, behavioral (why Citi, why S&T), stock pitch. Similar stuff on Super-day (5 interviews back-to-back). Be ready to defend any of your opinions regarding markets.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is going to happen to the market in the next 5-10 years?
      Pitch me a stock? What is the p/e ratio of the stock? of the S&P 500?
      What is the current condition of the European crisis?
      Price 2 period binomial option (prices and strike given)
      Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

1 phone initial phone interview with HR, 2 follow up phone interviews with a Trader and then Sales person. 2 weeks later invited to a super day in NYC, with 6 back to back interviews 30 min each, each interviewer with a different type of questioning and personality. The interviewers all had different methods for gauging "fit" for the S&T team, which included a variety of mental math, market knowledge, and behavioral questions

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with too many people on the phone. Glad I didn't get the job because I think I would have been miserable trying to meet there expectations and the pay wasn't very good.

Interview Questions

• They wanted a network person for a project management position. Doesn't make sense the way it was advertised.   Answer Question

Management Associate- Africa Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Nairobi (Kenya)).

Interview

Online process of application where it takes a few months before you are even told if you are going for the first round.
    First Round is an aptitude test held at HQ. Pretty easy.
    Second round is where it gets tough. Set in a conference room, you sit at the centre, with 5-6 panelists with others listening in on phone. Really a tense environment. They do a good cop, bad cop routine. Build you and break you. Every thing you say is subject to intense scrutiny, always a follow up and no figure goes unrecorded. In fact no fact you state goes unrecorded.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think, after failing to answer a simple question ( where the KSH, USD rate will head in the next year and why?) satisfactorily, that you are even ready to join Citi?   1 Answer

Got a better offer elsewhere. Plus who want to work with such a wound up group of people?

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in February 2013.

Interview

Got the interview through On-Campus recruiting. First round interview was mostly behavioral with a few brainteasers. Final-round interview at Citi was nearly ALL quantitative. The interview consisted of a 30-minute math test, a programming interview, 2-3 brainteasers interview, a market interview and a few behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the price of a 1-day Call Option on Citi stock struck at-the-money?   Answer Question

Product Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Very long hiring process takes forever to be hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

Very behavioral-heavy. Interviewers are usually mean and will do "stress-tests" as well. Be prepared to show humility, your experiences working in teams, and why you are interested in a specific line of business. Citigroup hiring consists of an interview on campus (may be with one or two people), a superday that has tons of interviews. Be nice. Don't be mean.