Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2017
2,524 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The process was very easy. You had to apply both on their website and through my schools website. I was accepted for a first round interview, but when I got into the interview the interviewer was very rude to me and was grilling me on very un-related issues. It was a terrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the world in two minutes?   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

First phone interview, second in person interview at Buffalo office and third they fly me to NYC office. At Buffalo office they ask me to debug a C function on a paper. NYC interview with 8 people each had 30 min with me and ask lot of questions on theoretical physics.

Interview Questions

• Write down Einstein's equations. What is invariant quantity in general relativity. What is the different between spectral and Sudo spectral methods. What is the different between void pointer and Null pointer. Can C structure contain a function call. How to solves the schrodinger's equation. How to reduce error in finite differencing.   Answer Question

IT Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Aptitude test first and then those who progress have 3 separate interviews in one session. Competency interview, group exercise, and then technical interview.. Group exercise was just to talk about a car insurance company and how to improve it after given information about it. Technical interview was really difficult but the competency one was easy.

Interview Questions

• What makes Java special as a programming language?   1 Answer
    • Favourite programming languages and why   Answer Question
    • What is an OOP language?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you solved a difficult problem   1 Answer

Summer Sales and Trading Interview

Application

Interview

Applied through my schools career center and interviewed over the phone with a past student who now works there. Interview was 15 minutes. Only behavioral question was tell me about yourself. He grilled me about every other question I was asked. I'm only a sophomore and this would be my first finance related job/internship so I wasn't expecting to need to be an expert. I know basic knowledge about the market but this guy grilled me and made me look like an idiot. Lots of background noise so I could barely even hear him.

Interview Questions

• Did you see whats going on in the market this morning?
      What do you think the Fed is going to do next year to fix the recent downtrend in oil prices? Why? Why? Why?
      What sector should I be looking to invest in? What company? Why? Why?
      Whats your favorite book?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Was referred to a the position by a friend in the group. Sent my resume and shortly after was contacted by HR. Had an intro call with them, a couple days later received an email to schedule a phone interview. This was an extensive phone interview with about 6 different members of the group varying in seniority. Extremely technical questions, very few behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Can enterprise value ever be negative?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through the firm's website and I got an email to set up a phone interview. I was expecting to get a call from an analyst as that's usually the case for most of the bulge brackets, but I actually got a call from the VP of quantitative analysis group. It was an interesting interview as the structure was totally different in that he introduced himself and his group first and then I walked through my resume. After few fit questions, I was asked questions on programming, regression, brain teasers and stats questions. I found it very difficult.

Interview Questions

• There is a fair dice. After the first roll, you can decide whether to take the number or roll it again. However, you have to take the value from the second roll. If I charge you $4 to play this game and pay you whatever the dice shows, will you play this game?   1 Answer

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

Made it to the phone interview stage.

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through school careers website. First round was markets based, behavioral (why Citi, why S&T), stock pitch. Similar stuff on Super-day (5 interviews back-to-back). Be ready to defend any of your opinions regarding markets.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is going to happen to the market in the next 5-10 years?
      Pitch me a stock? What is the p/e ratio of the stock? of the S&P 500?
      What is the current condition of the European crisis?
      Price 2 period binomial option (prices and strike given)   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

1 phone initial phone interview with HR, 2 follow up phone interviews with a Trader and then Sales person. 2 weeks later invited to a super day in NYC, with 6 back to back interviews 30 min each, each interviewer with a different type of questioning and personality. The interviewers all had different methods for gauging "fit" for the S&T team, which included a variety of mental math, market knowledge, and behavioral questions

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Irving, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with too many people on the phone. Glad I didn't get the job because I think I would have been miserable trying to meet there expectations and the pay wasn't very good.

Interview Questions

• They wanted a network person for a project management position. Doesn't make sense the way it was advertised.   Answer Question