Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

990 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

All behavioral, mostly asked questions about my resume and what I had learned from certain experiences, or simply asked me to elaborate on them. At the end asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk a little bit about what exactly you were doing at X company this past summer?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was normal. I applied online on through the company website and got and interview. It was a phone interview. The interviewer was friendly. It starts with tell me about yourself, and diverts towards more technical aspects related to the job. So, overall it was a technical interview with questions on accounting, valuation, finance, etc.

S&T APAC Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round in NY headquarters. Give you 20 minutes to read 3 articles. Then discuss them later in a group with an MD. MD asked you to summarize the articles and then throw out questions regarding the article. It's impossible to prepare. Very random questions.

Interview Questions

• Summarize the articles and more specific questions about the article.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (Fort Mill, SC) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview went smoothly. It was very informative. The job was explained in detail. There was a three person panel but it was not overwhelming. The interviewers were friendly. I was tested on some basic language skills but nothing too difficult. Overall the interview was easy.

Real Estate Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position through an employee referral. Was notified later that same day for a first round interview. First question was walk me through your resume and then went straight into 7-8 technical questions. Seemed like they were going until I missed one. Questions were very specific to what they do (primarily lending to REITs). 2 on 1 interview.

Corporate Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi (Miami, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I was mainly asked questions about my resume and past experiences. I was also asked why Citi and why corporate banking. I got the interview after applying at school and I was interviewed by two people.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

30 minute in person where they are trying to find your fit for the various units. spoke with someone from a unit I was not interested in which I believe hindered my chances due to not being able to connect with interviewer.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I applied through school had a 30 min interview on campus and then got invited to super day at the New York office. The interview was somewhat intense.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

HR reached out on Oct.10 , informing us that the interview is happening on 2pm Oct.12. The interview started at 5pm and because they messed up with the schedule we had a group interview of 1 MD vs 14 candidates! Some poor guys did not even get chances to say anything. Did not cover flight and hotel costs. I don't know if it's just APAC, but Citi messed up big time.

Corporate Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through my university. Was asked to do two 30 min phone calls, one right after the other. Asked me behavioral questions from my resume (leadership, etc) and some technical questions. Technical questions were rather tricky- how to value a firm, etc