Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Citi Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

Commercial Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through university. Waited about a month with no reply. Got invited to do a 30 minute phone interview. Good interview. Not too difficult. I walked through my resume and answered some general questions related to the position. Still waiting to hear back.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview itself seemed very on point and very professional. They chose carefully who they select, although I did not get hired for this position, I will submit again for a customer service rep the next time they come available.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed through on-campus through MBA recruiting. The interview was held after a series of networking events and informational interviews. The next step in the process would have been a final round interview.

Interview Questions

• A company purchases PP&E using 50% debt, 50% equity. Walk me through how this affects the 3 financial statements in year 0 and year 3.   Answer Question

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

They brought me to their office to greet their team. I was interviewed by about 5 different managers. They asked general questions, such as explaining my background and why I wanted to work for the company. They then started to ask specific questions like "what is a balance sheet, what are accruals, why is account reconciliation important. "

Private Bank Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Called me 1 hour later and I felt uncomfortable.
    The interview is friendly, but I can't hear the his voice clearly in the beginning.
    First ask some questions about your background and then ask something about the global market.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one of your biggest contribution to your team.
      What do you think is the biggest challenge of the private bank department?
      How's the Europe market recently? Australian?
      Answer Question

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then had a phone interview that was around half an hour long with all behavioral questions. Super day was 4 behavioral interviews that were half an hour long and a case study.

Interview Questions

• What is a strength and weakness that your friends or professors would say about you?   Answer Question

Sophomore Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

You're contacted for a behavioral phone interview after you apply and if chosen, you get to interview at the super day. You'll be interview by 3 employees from Citi. Type and difficulty of questions range. They've got some really great people working there.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The hiring process takes a very long time. Often times receiving decline notification without any other contact from the organization. Positions are often times posted and removed and then posted again without any communication from the organization.

Interview Questions

• No questions answered as no initial interview was scheduled for position even though I had the requisite experience and skills.   Answer Question

Quant Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I applied through school website. go over your resume first and then 2 math questions. They just called and no email notification. how many digits in 2^500
    what is the probability of forming a obtuse triangle if 2 sides are 6, and 8.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through the referral of a recruiter for another program. It was a simple phone interview, it was scheduled to take 30 minutes but we ended up going for 45. The interviewer first introduced the program in the start of the call, then proceeded to ask me 3 fairly simple probability questions to gauge my quantitative skills. After that, there was an opportunity to have some open dialogue and ask the recruiter any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• What is the number of coins you need to flip simultaneously to have at least a 90% chance of getting at least one head?   2 Answers
    • Person A flips a coin. If he lands heads, he wins. If he lands tails, player B flips the coin. If player B lands heads, he wins. If he lands tails, player A goes again, until somebody lands heads. What is the probability that player A will win this game?   1 Answer
    • There is a game where you roll a die. You win money for whatever you roll ($1 if you roll a 1, $2 if you roll a 2, etc). If you are unhappy with your first roll, you are able to roll the die a second time. If you roll the die a second time, only your second roll determines the payout. What is a fair price to charge to play this game?   1 Answer