Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2017
2,524 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Fast tracked to interview for IBD after the spring week programme. There are 4 parts. The first 3 are individual interviews. Most of the questions are competency-based since I am an Engineering student. The 4th part is a group discussion.

Interview Questions

• Read financial times and explain 3 news that you are interested in   Answer Question
    • Prepare a presentation in 45 minutes based on a booklet of information they give you.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process in itself was fairly easy; I applied online, as well as got an employee referral and then got a phone interview about one month later. The interviewer pretty much grilled me about everything.

Interview Questions

• What was one article you read lately that interested you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First there was phone call with HR over my interest and everything. There there was coding challenge with team member online. Then after that there was whole day interview with the team onsite. Generally it was good experience.

Technical Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

One on site interview with Citi, the interviewer asked me some mid level programming questions, and also did resume questions. They seemed very nice, but I was a little nervous and didn't perform as well as I hoped for.

Interview Questions

• Java data structure questions, i.e. differences between ArrayList and LinkedList, ArrayList vs Vector.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

First prescreening round consists of standard numerical reasoning test. The passing grade is not disclosed. The process took 2 months.I was called for a first round in place interview. The questions about my resume, basic calculus and probability.

Securities Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got a response about a month later with a phone interview. They said if I was abroad they wouldn't cover expenses to get to the superday so that already was a setback. he interviewer was nice, chill guy. Asked why Citi, why Securities, and then asked about the oil and gold markets and where I thought the market was going. Got a response a week later w no offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the oil and/or gold markets right now   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Florence, KY) in November 2017.

Interview

A bit intimidating but i made it through. Basic to some complex & sophisticated questioning. They asked some stuff i have never beem asked before but if you have common sense and be honest, you will be just fine answering the questions. Warning though- you WILL have to show proof of a Highschool diploma or GED in which inwas not aware of. Which is why i didn't get to start- i had my ged certificate elsewhere out of town with my grandmother who possibly have lost it more than likely by now. But asking for proof of my educational background was entirely knew for me as this was the only company that have asked me for proof of thisz”. I thinkthis is bery unnecessary and it slowed down the hiring process for me VERY MUCH. Never again

Interview Questions

• Name a time i went out of my way to help a customer   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I received a call back within 2 weeks of applying. There was first a phone interview. A few days later I meet with two assistant branch managers followed by a meet and greet with my Assistant Branch manager and Branch manager. This is an entry level position and was a very smooth interview process.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Group interview for first round, read about a market article and group discussion. Also given three portfolios and discuss which is the best fit for given client. Final round was virtual conference with two seniors. Mainly behavioral. Asked about questions on resume, and which desk in s&t, which asset class. Very chill. Good experience.

Application

Interview

The first stage of the interview process was a 45' phone interview with 2 Citi's employees. The interviewers were not very friendly and did not make me feel very comfortable. Although most of the questions were competency-based, there were also technical questions requiring IT and programming knowledge.