Citi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017
2,082 Interview Reviews

2.9

Commercial Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through university. Waited about a month with no reply. Got invited to do a 30 minute phone interview. Good interview. Not too difficult. I walked through my resume and answered some general questions related to the position. Still waiting to hear back.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview itself seemed very on point and very professional. They chose carefully who they select, although I did not get hired for this position, I will submit again for a customer service rep the next time they come available.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed through on-campus through MBA recruiting. The interview was held after a series of networking events and informational interviews. The next step in the process would have been a final round interview.

Interview Questions

• A company purchases PP&E using 50% debt, 50% equity. Walk me through how this affects the 3 financial statements in year 0 and year 3.   Answer Question

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

They brought me to their office to greet their team. I was interviewed by about 5 different managers. They asked general questions, such as explaining my background and why I wanted to work for the company. They then started to ask specific questions like "what is a balance sheet, what are accruals, why is account reconciliation important. "

Private Bank Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Called me 1 hour later and I felt uncomfortable.
    The interview is friendly, but I can't hear the his voice clearly in the beginning.
    First ask some questions about your background and then ask something about the global market.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one of your biggest contribution to your team.
      What do you think is the biggest challenge of the private bank department?
      How's the Europe market recently? Australian?
      Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The first step was a phone interview. I was then called in for an in-person interview. Questions were based on my passed work experience and financial and technical knowledge.

Citi Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was normal. Aptitude test on citibank website , Phone interview from branch manager the next day for about 10 mins, then schedule onsite interview at their branch a week after for an hour. Remember present yourself as a professional sales and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi bank?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Why not other banks?
      Whats the latest trend in the industry?
      Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Getzville, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Consisted of three interviews. Two senior analyst then one over the phone with management and another in person with a different site manager. The interviews weren't hard just had to stress confort in ability to use excel and adapt to shifting priorities while being excited to take on new challenges.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable are you with excel?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your past experiences.   1 Answer
    • The first interview consisted of the senior analyst reading off 5 or so pages of general interview questions or why this company why this role. What is your biggest weakness you'd like to change?   1 Answer
    • The phone interview was informal as the manager talked about herself and the role 98% of time and only looked for me to sound interested and excited at the opportunity on the other end.   Answer Question
    • The final interview with the lat manager as informal as well seemed solely personality based as they only asked questions that had nothing really to do with job i.e. But in every interview they stressed excel and heavy data reporting.   Answer Question

ICG Summer Country Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

In chronological order:
    1. Group interview (15 min Case study + 15min written task) (5 people per group)
    2. Phone interview (With HR) (30 min)
    3. Interview with managers of specific division (15 min)

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Interview process consist of 3 stages - First stage: face to face interview with HR personnel. Second Stage: group assessment with other selected potential candidates. Stage 3: Interview with few hiring managers.